All Things Fiero > General Fiero Discussion

New Forum Member Needs Help

(1/2) > >>

Fierofool:
88MedRedGT is from Jasper and has just joined our forum.  He's in need of someone in his area that can work on his car. 

There was a mechanic who built the engines for Whodeanie that lived in Jasper.  He's the one who salvaged the remains of the Joel Project car and other things from Whodeanie's Customs.  Anyone remember his name or have his contact info? 

88MedRedGT, if you will post your questions here, we might be able to guide you through some things and save you some money.

88MedRedGT:
Hello, everyone!

I'm in need of a mechanic to work on the clutch on my '88 GT, as I have lost the pedal. Seems to be a hydraulic issue, perhaps my master or slave cylinder is out, but the fluid level in each reservoir is normal, I just don't have any clutch pedal action.

My regular mechanic is in Decatur--and I can't seem to get Hagerty's roadside to ever send anyone out to flatbed the car back to town to be repaired.

Does anyone know a mechanic near us in Jasper that can take a look?

Many thanks!

Todd

Fierofool:
Todd, let's see if we can do a little troubleshooting.

First, look underneath the dash at the clutch pedal.  Is the master cylinder pushrod still attached?

If no, reattach it with the curl of the pushrod oriented upward.

If yes, while you're under there, pull the carpet and padding back from around where the pushrod passes through the bulkhead.  Is there fluid in there?

If yes, the master cylinder needs replaced.

If no, proceed to the next step.

In the engine bay, is the slave cylinder pushrod still inserted into the clutch release lever?

If no, reinsert it.

If yes, while you're there, slide the dust boot off the end of the slave cylinder and check for fluid in the dust boot.

If yes, the slave cylinder needs to be replaced.

If no, the system may have air in it and needs to be bled.

After performing these checks, report back here of what you find and we'll proceed. 

88MedRedGT:
Many thanks....I will have a chance to look at it early next week, and will report back once I have had a chance to troubleshoot these items!

I truly appreciate the advice.

Todd

Raydar:

--- Quote from: Fierofool on September 14, 2023, 08:09:10 pm ---
There was a mechanic who built the engines for Whodeanie that lived in Jasper. 
... Anyone remember his name or have his contact info? 

--- End quote ---

I spent some time this morning looking through old "whodeanie" threads on PFF, thinking that I might find his name. (Sorry. No luck.)
But I had forgotten the details of what a crap-fest (trying to be polite, here) that Dean's situation turned into. Yikes.

Just occurred to me. Were you thinking of Jeff Ianatello? aka "Pontiac Jeff"? He owns Engineered Performance, in Woodstock.
 I know he worked on some 3800 stuff for Dean. Not sure if he'd be willing to work on a Fiero clutch issue.

Edit - But all the suggestions you gave were a great starting point, and shouldn't be too difficult to chase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version