Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Club shirts  (Read 15889 times)

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
Club shirts
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:38:44 pm »
Following up on my pitch at the last meeting, here's a really nice example of a racing team shirt with epaulettes.

I like the bold brightly colored top of the shirt, and the dark black lower portion helps to visually "flatten those spare tires."

No, they ain't cheap.  Yes, it would be close to $80 each with custom embroidery.  No, that's not a typo.  No, I'm not made of money, either. But these good quality shirts would not only stand out at gatherings, but would last a long time and wear well.

I will totally understand if this is just too far out of the budget range.  Eighty bucks buys a lot of Fiero parts, a fair amount of gasoline, or a sizeable chunk of annual insurance premiums.

All that said, here's the style I really like... Fabio was unavailable to model, so I got his younger brother, Fabio Fool, to pose for the accompanying photo.

http://www.amazon.com/SPEED-ZONE-Racing-Cyclone-Medium/dp/B0056C670O/ref=sr_1_7?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1379948407&sr=1-7&keywords=racing+shirt+with+epaulets

FGTB

Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Club shirts
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 11:37:01 pm »
Where would the embroidery be done?  At the maximum price of $46 for the shirt, that would be about $34? for the embroidery on each shirt?

If we can get just the shirts without embroidery, our tshirt printer can embroider our logo on them.  I can check prices on that if you'd like to see if we can reduce the cost a little. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:55 pm »
We really like them :)

Tim....Shannon and I would each like one for Christmas, please  ;D

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 08:50:27 am »
Tink:  I spoke to Santa. He says that you might get one if you can keep yourself under control until Dec. 24, but something about "Redraif already got her banner..."???   ;)

FieroFool: Yes, I had guesstimated some additonal money for logo set-up fees, as well as the actual embroidery, so if our local person can do it, all the better!

Maybe they could even order the shirts in quantity cheaper than we could get?

I also had included the cost of embroidering each person's "Forum name" on each shirt (about $10 each, tops).

No pithy comments about that male model wearing the shirt in the photo?

All: Again, I realize that these would be a chunck of change... so if everyone doesn't want to spend that much, I'd rather see us stick with the polos or something...

FGTB
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 09:22:00 am »
I Guess Pat & I Better Start Saving Our Money To Get Two.
Red And Black Are My Favorite Colors.
I Prefer A Button Down Shirt With A Pocket.       
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 09:34:08 am »
Hey!  Unless my old eyes are playing tricks on me, (and they often do) that's not the same model I first saw.  And yes, that is a pithy choice for a model. 

Ronnie said that he would charge the club $49 for digitizing our logo.  Normal charge was $75, I believe.  We talked about sizing it at 3 inches so it would fit on a baseball cap and above a shirt pocket, so there would be no up-charge for resizing.  I can check with him to see if he has these shirts available or if he will embroider our shirts if we supply them. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:40:28 pm »
Tink:  I spoke to Santa. He says that you might get one if you can keep yourself under control until Dec. 24, but something about "Redraif already got her banner..."???   ;)

;D ;D ;D