Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Offering - 84/85 Fiero Silver  (Read 15206 times)

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
Offering - 84/85 Fiero Silver
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:55:00 pm »
So I have noticed that there was a Silver fiero near  a pep boys in Acworth. When I asked the shop about it they assumed since it had been there since Aug that it was abandoned and they were towing this weekend so I queried and they gave me the owners phone to try him.

The owner is Bob, he bought the car for his grandson and now his grandson doesn't want it. He took it to pep boys and they said they don't work on cars that old. So now this guy just wants to get his money out of it and I saw an opportunity to get cheap parts for the donor project.

He gave up his cards and left me a message about 500 dollars he has into it. Is there any interest in getting this car? I will get it for as little as I can.

I am going to go look at it closer and I will get pics and the VIN. Duke is possibly blown - it is a Manual, depending on whether it is an 84 or 85 I may want it as a project car if the club doesn't want to pull money together to start.

The car has Bumpers and a Luggage rack no Sun roof, and interior was fair.

More to come.

Randy ~ of Acworth

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
Re: Offering - 84/85 Fiero Silver
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:09:32 pm »
Is there any interest in this car?

I will be talking to this guy this weekend.
Randy ~ of Acworth

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:27:25 pm »
We have the Joel Project (2 cars) which may turn out that neither is worth salvaging.  We have an offer of 2 88's that have only issues with some ignition parts being removed, so depending upon the April meeting outcome, we may change directions on the automobile to be restored.  We don't have the resources to take in or on a 4th car.  Maybe the 86 V6 we have out here could be sold to highest bidder for money to complete another car. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

MetalBlue85GT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 11:51:56 pm »
I may engage anyway just to take things apart to learn. Anything that is worth something I will post here for low fee if any then Craigslist for profit. Once I dismantle it watch out I will become dangerous. I might even get me my own to play with. I know my sons 85GT is solid since the 600 mile run last weekend.

More to come.

Boat season starts soon but I think I am falling for Fiero's even more
Randy ~ of Acworth