Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: For Sale 88 Formula  (Read 16308 times)

slowburn57

• View Profile
    • Culver Brothers Racing
For Sale 88 Formula
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:55:26 pm »
This car is well maintained has nice option list, Auto. trans., A/C, tilt, P/W, PDL, Cruise, Sun Roof, P/Decklid opener,AM/FM,CD.Radio. Car has had a lot of new parts in last year or so. Battery, Fuel Pump, Headliner, Full Major Tune Up, New Front Shocks, Brake Pads on Front, New Sway Bar End Links, Front,& Rear.

That being said now the bad...I bought the car from Areodon's son. Drove it home. Next time I had it out it broke the engine mount (front passenger side mount). The one that the 88's are notorious about breaking. It also developed a dripping water leak around the water pump timing chain cover. Don had put a new water pump on it so I am assuming its just one of those things. I started to fix the leak and replace the engine mount but just have not had the time. If I was going to drive it much I would replace the tires as well. Paint is black and faded interior is good. Looking for 800.00 as it sits or 1300.00 if I fix it lol when I get around to it. Email me at slowburn57@aol.com or call 404-310-6303 I can take pictures if serious or just come by my house in Powder Springs and have a look. Thanks  Joe

mweldon

• View Profile
Re: For Sale 88 Formula
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 12:42:53 am »
I'll take it..

slowburn57

• View Profile
    • Culver Brothers Racing
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 12:23:01 pm »
Sale pending

mweldon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 02:18:45 pm »
I had to back out of this sale for the time being.. not enough space in garage or free time to see it through at the moment.

For those of you who are looking for an 88 formula for a great price with only marginal work to get it back up and running and this is a steal.

Some additional options I noticed while looking over the car with slowburn that he didn't mention in his original post.
Front shocks are 88 Koni's - no longer made and very rare.
Lowering Springs front and rear
Except for the power mirrors and lumbar its a fully optioned 88, very rare for a formula. Throw some GT panels on it and no one would question..
Zero rust - even around battery tray

slowburn57

• View Profile
    • Culver Brothers Racing
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 05:30:50 pm »
Thanks Marc.....yep it's back for sale.

slowburn57

• View Profile
    • Culver Brothers Racing
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 03:56:56 pm »
Well folks I got around to fixing it. Replaced the motor mount and bracket. Fixed the water leak. From what I can tell it could use a complete alignment and just to be driven. Has been sitting about 8 months. Price is 1300.00 since its fixed. As I said before I have pictures if you are interested or come to Powder Springs and take a look. If you call please call before 10 pm. Joe Culver 404-310-6303

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 07:34:40 pm »
A streetable Formula at $1300 is one heck of a bargain.  With 4 Fieros in the driveway, the wife says ENOUGH!
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

slowburn57

• View Profile
    • Culver Brothers Racing
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 02:53:10 pm »
Well it's a new year and I know someone needs to trick out or just drive  this formula. It would be a nice new years project to have ready for summer fun.  :)