Author Topic: F-Body 3.4 Swap into a 2.8 Fiero  (Read 1604 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: F-Body 3.4 Swap into a 2.8 Fiero
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:42 PM »
They were only a few pennies each.  I dont remember.  Priority mail $7.15.  You will probably need Rodney's fitting that screws into the block.  In the 3.4 Swap section.  Maybe the little bracket, too, depending upon your setup.
I went to a prayer meeting and a basketball game broke out.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
Correction.....It's a street elbow, not a field elbow.

GTRS Fiero

• Paid Members
  • It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 05:46:54 PM »
I forgot to post here.  Thanks for sending the adapter.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 08:16:51 PM »
I have recently updated the information in my second post in this thread, relative to the recommended fuel injectors for the 3.4 install.  Several persons have had problems with the Bosch numbers I provided and with the BMW vehicle series I provided.  I've found new information and have edited my post.  The edited text is in bold copy in that second posting. 

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 10:13:03 PM »
....These are flow rated at 17 lb/hr at 43.5 psi stock Fiero fuel pressure. 

Where did you hear about these? (If you don't mind me asking.) Sounds like exactly what we need!

If anyone buys them for their 3.4, I'd really like to scan the engine during a short test drive.
"Some mornings, it's almost not worth gnawing through the restraints."

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 10:37:52 PM »
I've been working with a guy on Pennocks to try to resolve some issues with his 3.4.  He's installed new Rochesters and the fuel stench was so bad that it was burning his eyes and nose and the car sounded like it was running on just 3 cylinders because it was loading up so badly. 

I sent him to this thread and he reported back that he couldn't find the injectors I had listed.  I searched extensively on FIC with the info tags I had posted and couldn't find anything in a 17# pintle injector, by any manufacturer.  I went to Ebay and did some searching under the same search tags and found them.

They were pricey at $60 each, new with a 10 year warranty.  The individual I'm helping found them at a refurbisher about 20 minutes from his home.  Seems like they don't have a walk-in sales counter, though because he said he had to order them.  I don't know what the price is, but I'll find out both the name of the vendor as well as check with FIC to see what they offer for folks on the East Coast. 

WHEN/IF I ever pop the top off to install my stainless vacuum lines or do the 7730 conversion, I think I will give them a try, finances allowing.  Don't hold off waiting for my evaluation, though.