Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Stone Mountain cruise  (Read 17807 times)

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Stone Mountain cruise
« on: August 04, 2015, 01:32:16 am »
I propose an event to cruise to Stone Mountain on the 22nd of Aug.  Other activities to be discussed at the regular club meeting the 8th of Aug.
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Stone Mountain cruise
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:21:42 am »
There is a free picnic area up near the main train station and not far from the monument.  Closest picnic area to restrooms, too.  If we have a count of how many will attend, I'm willing to be at the entrance gate when the park opens.  This area is a first come first served area, so we'd have to grab it right away in order to have a meeting place.  It would be considerable exposure to the cars, too. 

We got so involved with other things that we totally overlooked our annual cookout that Redraif and Tinkerbell graciously volunteered to host, again.  Maybe we could consider this a raincheck for the missed cookout. 

You can sign up in this thread, or if you're reading this and aren't registered with the forum but would like to attend, send us an email at GeorgiaFieroClub@Gmail.Com
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:30:13 am by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 06:26:40 pm »

Sounds cool.  I'll check my calendar.

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 12:34:32 pm »
That weekend is the Dawsonville Beer &Music festival. I wont be in good enough shape to drive so i will have to walk home.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 01:08:23 pm »
If everyone could bring a little covered dish and a few drinks, once we have a count on how many, the club could get some burgers, dogs and buns to feed the attendees. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 02:16:55 pm »
I have listed this on our facebook page as well as 2 other Fiero facebook pages. I hope to see some new faces.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 08:47:41 am »
Ron and I talked about this briefly, and we felt that rather than bring food and drink, possibly some bringing the same items, that we would all just enjoy the day together, chatting and cruising the park, and select a place within the park or nearby to have our lunch.  There are many places inside the park, but because you're a captured audience, prices can be high.  You might want to bring a cooler and something to drink, just for convenience of not having to go in search of hydration. 

Should we decide to dine inside the park, here's a link to what's available.
https://www.stonemountainpark.com/activities/dining

For those who do plan to join us, here's how to get into the park and where to find us.

From I-285, traveling East on Stone Mountain Freeway, US hwy 78, take Exit 8, Stone Mountain Park Main Entrance.  If you're headed West on US 78, it will be a left exit.

Enter the gate on Jefferson Davis Drive, go straight and cross the lake twice.  You will come to a triangle in the roadway.  Keep to the right onto Robert E. Lee Blvd.  Immediately you will intersect Hugh Howell Rd.  Ignore that one and go to the next intersection with Hugh Howell Rd. and turn left.  The parking lot is immediately on the left.  There are picnic tables on the point of the intersection.

If you have an FRS radio, bring it along.  We will be monitoring Channel 7.  Just call out for Georgia Fieros, or if you have any of our phone numbers, call.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:04:02 am by Fierofool »

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 01:29:38 pm »
What are the other Fiero FB pages?

It's not looking good for me for the 22nd. 

Great idea though.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 04:37:15 pm »
My kid's b days are being celebrated that weekend. Not clear yet as to whether I've been cleared to fly yet..  ..
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 10:01:16 am »
We had a good day at the mountain, yesterday.  Got us a good shady picnic spot right beside the main road, hung the club banner facing the roadway and saw a few people stopping to look at it.  We even had a guy drive up to tell us about a lady with a CJB T-top Formula that had been sitting in her garage for a while.  It's for sale.  Hope he contacts us with more information about it.

TopNotch, GrannyLinda, and OldOne, sorry you guys couldn't make it.  We had two new Fiero owners show up.  While we chit-chatted, there were lots of coincidences that kept coming up between Dave, (86GT owner), Bob, (Formula owner), and Ron.  Dave and Bob are from the same general areas, being New York and New Jersey, Ron and Dave were both Ex-military stationed at Ft. Bragg, with a lot of common knowledge of people and things, and Bob and Dave actually live pretty close to one another. 

TT Slick and wife drove in from Columbus.  Beautiful 85GT.  For those of you who don't know TT Slick, he's the designer and creater of this, borrowed from TopNotch via Pennocks.  Got to lay my hands on this beauty.

I've been trying to send my pictures of the day from my phone, but though they go, they must be going to that big cloud up there, because they aren't coming to the club email. 

About 4 hours of socializing then we took a tour around the mountain, enjoying the scenery and showing off the cars.  Bob, TT and wife had to depart but Ron and Susan, Dave and I took off to have lunch together and more good conversation. 

Bob, Dave, TT and wife (sorry I didn't catch her name), hope to see all of you again at the September meeting. 

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 10:23:36 am »
Dang!  Oh man, that dual intake speaks to me!  That's the last mod I want to do to my motor before I am content. TT was gracious enough to respond to an email I sent regarding his setup.  Its so simple and so pretty. I wanted to hear it in person. I've got some 2" aluminium pipe ready to go When I get a break. Sooo cool!
Ron
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 11:40:26 am »
I'm sorry I missed this.
On the other hand, I now have an open space available in my garage, so that maybe I can start something new.

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 12:30:45 pm »
We did have a great time. Susan got to see the mountain for the first time since  she was very young. Met some fantastic Fiero people, ( I hope that we will see them again). Cruised around the mountain and saw the carving( yes, I can report that it is still intact) And as Charlie reported, there may be another 88 t-top car for sale. I hope that Alex does contact us again.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 08:32:33 pm »
It took over 3 hours for the picture to make it from my cell phone to our email, but here it is.  The rides of 4 of the attendees:

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 09:14:32 pm »
It took over 3 hours for the picture to make it from my cell phone to our email,

With most phones, you can connect a USB cable from the phone to a computer, and transfer pictures or whatever to the computer.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.