Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: wed. work day  (Read 15933 times)

MikeMac

• View Profile
Re: wed. work day
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 08:23:51 am »
It isn't worth it for you guys to drive in to Atlanta just to put on exhaust manifolds. I have to order the bushings from The Fiero Store before we can move on putting in the transmission. It's up to you guys though. I can't get here till noon on Saturday if that changes anything.

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 08:25:51 am »
Excellent! Good show!
Are the manifolds mounted yet? Engine on the cradle? (Sounds like not, but that's okay.)
I'll be up there Saturday AM. Please let me know what time. (Y'all mentioned 10, today. That works fine for me. Or I can shoot for earlier, as I mentioned in the other thread. Either way.)

MikeMac. Unrelated...
My friend at work needs a front wheel bearing on his Tundra. 2WD. Said he was going to call you this week.
Also, I need a timing belt (and probably a transmission service) on an '09 Honda Odyssey van. In case I forget to mention it on Sat., please remind me if you think of it.

Your friend called and let a message about his Tundra. I've tried calling him back over the last few days and his mailbox is full. Thanks for the referral.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 09:26:04 am »
Maybe we can take a look at Fan's car with the 3800SC?  What do you think Raydar and Roger?  You guys are the electrical engineers. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 11:00:55 am »
We can do that.
I'll bring my scanner and a voltmeter. Hope we can find the ALDL/OBD2.

So... Around noon? Guess that's up to Mike. I'm good for... whenever.

If Mike has to order bushings, we're not going to get the cradle installed in the AeroDon car. We can probably make some progress, though.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 11:07:01 am »
Hey, Roger was just over and we were talking about this.  Instead of hitting 2 Saturdays in a row, how about we just do it after the club meeting.  I'll see if I can get Fan there with us to give us some history. 

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 02:02:55 pm »
That's fine. Actually works better for me. I sort of over-extended myself for this weekend. That will help.

So, we're doing nothing tomorrow. Correct?

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 02:05:07 pm »

Your friend called and let a message about his Tundra. I've tried calling him back over the last few days and his mailbox is full. Thanks for the referral.

I should see him, here, in less than an hour. I'll tell him. Thanks!

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2018, 09:45:34 am »
Phan, Fan?, the ecm in the car is incorrect. we need one from the correct engine type that is a 3800 but I didn't look to see what Year eng. managment. we need.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2018, 01:45:44 pm »
As long as it is programmed to run a 3800SC, and the harness is built correctly, it should be okay.
Lots of swappers mix/match PCMs and engines. Just because it's a 2001(?) Pontiac(?) engine, it doesn't require that the PCM be a 2001 Pontiac piece, as long as the program and wiring have been done to accommodate.

Doesn't make it easy to troubleshoot, however. It helps if the swap was documented, which I'm pretty sure this one wasn't.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 08:20:50 am »
What I think I saw was a 3.4 v6 ecm.  I think it was for a 60 deg. not a 90 deg engine. car type is painted on the ecm though.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 09:19:41 am »
A 3.4 PCM in a 3800?

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 06:21:28 pm »
What I think I saw was a 3.4 v6 ecm.  I think it was for a 60 deg. not a 90 deg engine. car type is painted on the ecm though.

Holy crap! No wonder he's having issues. Never heard of THAT. Was it an old (OBD1 type) ECM?

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 09:13:03 pm »
like I said the model of car was painted on the ECM case ,
there are some cars that had a 3.4 and a 3800 offered in the same Line a 60 and a 90 deg. so I could be wrong.
insert the same cars also may have 2.8 and 3.1 engines .but they are 60 degree engines. so Mike if you get a minite it can be seen through the driver window.

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 09:56:49 am »
Hey, Roger was just over and we were talking about this.  Instead of hitting 2 Saturdays in a row, how about we just do it after the club meeting.  I'll see if I can get Fan there with us to give us some history.
I'll be out of town this weekend. I would have sworn it was the following weekend. Of course you guys are welcome to work on any of the cars but you will be out in the sun unless someone has a canopy.