Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: July 2018 Club Business Meeting Minutes  (Read 14586 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
July 2018 Club Business Meeting Minutes
« on: July 14, 2018, 07:02:45 pm »
Meeting Minutes, July 14, 2018

Called Meeting of Board of Directors.
New Business:  Selection of Secretary/Treasurer to fill vacancy of Linda Swayne.
Members present:  Michael MacDonnel, Dewey Reader, Roger Newton.  Vote by proxy—Scott Brown
Michael MacDonnel indicated Charles Sewell had offered to fill the vacant position.  Vote was taken with all present members voting in the affirmative. 

President Dave Tyrrell requested authorization to donate $300 to the Juvenile Arthritis Foundation in memory of Linda Swayne.  Board voted unanimously to approve.

Club Business Meeting:
Members present:  Dewey Reeder, Pat Swayne, Jason, Jim, John Pero, Dave Tyrrell, Michael MacDonnel, Roger Newton, Bob DeSlyper, Charles Sewell.  At least 3 members reported last minute schedule changes that prevented them from attending.

First, we’d like to welcome new member Budgetman72 (Jason) and his beautiful 85GT to their first meeting and new attendee, Jim (sorry, I didn’t catch the last name) and his beautiful 88 GT slick tail. 

New Secretary/Treasurer Charles Sewell reported the current online bank account indicates a balance of $1980.25.  The Vice President indicates there is a pending credit transfer of several hundred dollars that is not shown in the current balance. 

Agenda Items:
Donation to Juvenile Arthritis Foundation in memory of Linda Swayne.
A request was made to the Board of Director
Club owned Fieros.
It was discussed that we need to set a price for the Formula Fastback.  A price of $2300 was decided upon.  Vehicle needs tires, slave cylinder and rear end link bushings.  Possible repairs to the AC system.

It was discussed that we need to set a price for the 3800 Formula.  A price of at least $3000 will be considered when the car is streetable.  At the present time, ECM issues need to be identified.  The car will need tires.

Run For The Hills # 23
A person is needed to contact vendors for raffle item donations, preferably gift certificates.  It was suggested that the vendors we promote in our monthly newsletters be the focus of our efforts.  It was presented that gift certificates are easier to transport to our event than possible large automobile parts.

Club T-Shirts
Run For The Hills #23 T-shirts are available at a cost of $23 each in adult sizes through XLarge.  Add $1 for each additional larger size through 3XLarge.  A small additional charge applies if the shirts must be mailed. 

Georgia Fiero Member T-shirts and the colors available will be in our Club Merchandise section soon.  Member shirts are the same price as the Run For The Hills shirts.  Some colors will require an additional white background behind the image to prevent color change of the image.  These shirts will be priced at $28 and additional postage for any shirt that must be mailed.

Other Business:
John Pero urged club members to attend the car show at Riverstone in Canton, Ga., on the 3rd Saturday of each month.  Check out time and location in the Club Events section of our Message Board.  Coffee and Donuts afterward at Larry's.

John Pero also suggested that Administrators at Grassroots Motorsports be given personal invitations to attend Run For The Hills #23. 

Charles Sewell urged club members to give of their time to help Michael MacDonnel get AeroDonamic up and running.  Michael is available any Saturday and will open his shop to us as he has on most Saturdays.  Persons having time through the week are also invited to drop in and do what you can do.

Having no other business, the meeting was adjourned and some members retired to Northlake Automotive to sort out issues with the AC system on Bob Deslyper’s 87GT
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: July 2018 Club Business Meeting Minutes
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 07:24:29 pm »
Very nice report.

Do you want this all posted for public viewing?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 07:33:04 pm »
The meeting is open to non-members and the public is seated all around us.  There shouldn't be any problem.  I'm thinking that the only thing that may be kept private is should the Board of Directors need to have a closed meeting to address any matter within the club.  Those minutes shouldn't be public record. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 06:46:31 am »
I certainly realize that aerodynamics are important, and no one wants their Fiero to be a drag, but is a slick tail the same thing as wingless?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 07:57:42 am »
Yes.  I think i've heard them called bob-tail, too. 

There's been a number of PFF discussions about the usefulness of the rear spoiler wing.  It's generally agreed that it adds nothing to downforce or stability at highway speeds.  It may have some effect on airflow around the area of the tail lights.  I once taped short pieces of surveyor's plastic tape all over my deck lid and drove down the road.  Most of the strips were pointing toward the front of the car.  That creates a high pressure area that probably reduces the flow of engine bay heat through the vent covers.  But this is a discussion for a different thread.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 08:09:12 am »
Anyway, 10 attendees is a good showing.  We must be doing something right.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 09:40:01 am »
Aside from my inablity to sit on my hands and shut up it was a good meeting.

Larry's coffee and donuts is in the morning on Saturday ( each 3rd sat.} 8- it gets hot or we run out of stories.

I was doodling on some paper I should have kept CHARLIE ENDED UP WITH IT. They were talking Club T-shirts, I drew a full back size Peach with a Fiero in it with Georgia Fiero on it/ maybe the web address?  has this been made yet.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 04:23:23 pm »
When I asked If there was one that looked like my Doodle yet, I ment previously printed not, Are We There Yet  . I was THINKING super simple but nice colors and Maybe the car color of the wearer's/ Members Car. pretty much full back side and the pocket logo you have now.