Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 86 Fiero @ Augusta pull a part  (Read 151 times)

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
86 Fiero @ Augusta pull a part
« on: November 07, 2023, 11:48:23 pm »
Anyone know the condition of it? It’s been there since August.

SpadeCustoms

• View Profile
    • Spade Customs
Re: 86 Fiero @ Augusta pull a part
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 07:09:21 am »
I believe that was one of the members cars that roller away and hit a tree. Charlie said it still had a good motor/tans. I need parts of that car as well. ha Just to busy to get over there. sigh

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 10:07:13 pm »
I don't recall tagging it as JayDog's 86SE.  But, if it is, everything on it was good except where it crashed backwards into a tree. 

I got a good bit of the interior, like the dash, console, and shift surround.  The engine was relatively low mileage hooked to a 4-speed.  I'm not sure how much of the body panels had been pulled from it by the time the car left Jayson's hands. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 05:21:33 pm »

This is what I saw today. Now it’s missing the passenger door.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 05:59:30 pm »
That wasn't Jason's car.  Is it a manual or automatic?  Did you get the parts you needed? Assuming you're the one who got the right door. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Tinton

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2023, 04:20:47 pm »
That wasn't Jason's car.  Is it a manual or automatic?  Did you get the parts you needed? Assuming you're the one who got the right door.

Yup I got the door, it’s a getrag 5-speed but the only other manual trans parts I saw were the slave cyl and shift cables. Someone wanted some of the other manual swap parts pretty bad they went and got the pedal assembly and shifter.

Anyone want to help get this 5-speed? I could really need it for my 3800sc. Pull-a-Part said they lost their parts picker guy a couple months ago and can’t get anyone else hired for it. So they won’t pull it for me. I didn’t have the right tools load in my car or the space to transport with that door in my car so I was thinking of going back. They said they can help with a forklift and a rental cherry picker. Can I just cut all the wiring and hoses and unbolt the cradle and lift the car off of it? Maybe roll the cradle around on a dolly so I can get the trans out from there?

If I do it myself, I’m guessing I need furniture dolly, my big floor jack, and my impact?

The cars been there since August and is overdue for the crusher they said it might be there through end of the month.