Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Introduction and my misc items  (Read 48260 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Introduction and my misc items
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2017, 08:50:38 am »
Five days of rain means lots of mud for the ATV. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2017, 09:38:33 am »
Lots of mud, yes, but I haven't ridden the ATV in the mud.  I don't like having to clean the mud off the ATV.  I cleaned most of the mud off when I purchased the ATV.  Not fun.

I stopped riding my bike in the rain, because the roads ended up being so dirty.  That dirt took forever to clean off the bike.  Of course, it isn't very safe to ride a 2-wheeled conveyance on wet roads, anyway.  May as well ride on ice.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2017, 04:28:27 pm »
I was asked to sing with a choir at a parish some miles away.  No big deal on my part, but the request, the welcome, and the appreciation really felt good.  This may seem like a small thing, but sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2017, 05:59:35 pm »
Yes.  In many ways.  Our church usually sees about 50 people at services.  Today our little ones sang and used sign language in a series of songs prior to the beginning of the Pastor's message.  The church was packed.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2017, 11:07:18 pm »
I grew up attending a small parish with about 50 people.  I greatly prefer it that way.

This evening, we attended an event put on by children.  The event was many weeks in the works.  Afterward, I proudly watched first my son, then my daughter pitch in to help dismantle the scenes, re-arrange tables, and put out the chairs.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2017, 07:52:03 pm »
My son asked me if I'm a Fiero person.  I had him clarify what he meant.  He asked me what Fiero people do.  I reminded him of the various activities we've participated in with Fiero people.  He then decided that he and my daughter were also Fiero people!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2017, 08:14:57 pm »
Over the last few days, I went back through all my topics, and all my posts.  I've edited for typos (I think I got most of them), but mostly for readability.  I changed image sizes, and put breaks between pics.

I also removed a topic I'd created that I have since decided didn't fit in well with the goals of GFC.  Sorry about that.  Oh, and a few posts in another topic.

I really appreciate that this forum is upbeat and friendly.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2017, 07:38:43 pm »
It keeps on raining.  Water is pooling.

Pairs of animals are gathering.

Stocked up on fish.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:06:09 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2017, 04:42:12 pm »
I'm putting together a packet of goodies for my in-laws.  I'm trying to think of something for everyone, but stuff they don't get there.

I picked up some team caps for various sports (Blues, Rascals, etc), some T-shirts, and various items from events and places here.  I picked up a book of Paul Bunyan tales.  For the kids, I picked up some Home Depot workshop projects, some Steak'N'Shake hats/cardboard thingies.  I included a piece of petrified wood from my collection, and some interesting stones from the family geologist.  I got caps from John Deere, Boeing, CAT, etc.  I picked up caps from some local TV and radio stations we toured, making sure to get them autographed.  I got a Grand Canyon T-shirt, and a miniature Arch, as well as a miniature Mount Rushmore.  I picked up a Historic Route 66 cap, a Gateway to the West cap, some things from Meramec and Fantastic Caverns, a Mark Twain book, a pair of Made in the USA Levis jeans (they ask for a pair, every time I visit), a cowboy hat (they thought only movie stars could get these), and my junior rodeo belt buckle (they've never seen a big buckle, or a rodeo).  I'm including a special spoon from Natural Bridge in VA.

I picked up some magazines.  It turns out, a lot of the magazines guys here enjoy aren't available there.  I picked up some girly magazines, too.  Yes, I got the illustrated versions.

I'm having a case each of Budweiser Beer and Schafly's Beer delivered.  This could be interesting, since it's a Muslim country.  They can get both these beers, but I'm sending a special limited run of each.

I was going to send a bear rug, but that wasn't going to work out, so they'll get a genuine hunter's cap and a homemade beeswax candle scented cinnamon.  I'm having a quart of homegrown clover honey delivered.

2 dozen bagels from STL Bread Co will be delivered, guaranteed fresh.  I tried to send some fresh beef steaks from here, but that wasn't feasible.

Yes, of course I'm sending a Fiero hat and T-shirt.

I dunno, what do you send to people in other countries?  I've never tried to put anything like this together before, but it was sortof fun.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2018, 07:34:47 pm »
Over the years, there have been hints, and certainly a lot of teasing about my shape and size.  I've had problems getting clothes to fit for most of my life.  The unfortunate nicknames that were attached to me were distasteful at the time, but I thought I'd moved beyond that.  Whatever my self image, sometimes reality sets in.  There's nothing like having it spelled out for everyone to see.

My friends got me a shirt.

Some friends, huh?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2018, 08:44:23 pm »
Now, I know what you look like and you definitely ain't no 6X. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2018, 09:31:15 pm »
Yeah.

Two can play at this game.  I'm going to bundle up a bit to fill out the shirt, and wear the shirt to their black tie gala.  I found a red goofy hat, some Bermuda shorts, some clown shoes, and a very large tie.  Since they gave me the shirt, I can only assume they want me to wear it.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2018, 06:49:15 pm »
Today, we discovered that, due to my tenure, I have 40 days of vacation remaining.  This would be good news, IF we hadn't just landed 3 projects on which we had been working for the last 4 months.  I have until the end of the year to finish these projects.  One of the projects, we gave the client a list of things that needed to be done to get them up to par.  We agreed to do the things in stages, so we quoted them for the first 3 of 6 stages.  Their board approved all 6.  I really hadn't intended to do that much work, this year.  Bye, bye vacation.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2018, 08:04:45 pm »

No good deed goes unpunished.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2018, 01:57:44 am »
I'd like to think that I build up a bank of good deeds, and some day it'll be my turn.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:29:48 am by GTRS Fiero »