Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Introduction and my misc items  (Read 48256 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction and my misc items
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2017, 10:36:54 am »
Recently, my wife has been hinting, hinting.  I finally figured out that that's what she was doing.  Anyway, these ”hints” have become less subtle, to the point of pointing and poking.

She is expressing concern about one of my relationships.  No, not the Fiero, but she's been expressing concern about the quality of the relationship.  The word ”healthy” was used.  I'm sure it's a healthy relationship, for me.  Specifically, she used words like frequency, persistence, and timing.  I know I've been persistent, and certainly as frequent as possible, but timing has never been my forte.  9pm isn't good timing?  I've tried to be discrete, but apparently I'm not very good at cleaning up after myself.  My kids are in bed at 9pm, and I'm not at the house during the day.

My wife continued with talking about consequences, detrimental this, that, and the other.  She even went so far as to suggest moving on and variety.  I like the familiar.  This relationship predates my wife by many years.  Despite what my wife says, I've always viewed this as a healthy relationship.  Then she brought up something about the example I was setting.  Finally, she took me to the scale.

Apparently, I'll be eating fewer strips of bacon, more meals during the day, and fewer meals after 9pm.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:28:40 pm by tshark »

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2017, 11:31:25 am »
Are you sure you didn't stumble into my house on accident?  I thought I checked all the locks last night, but may have missed one.
Sounds exactly like my wife.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2017, 12:16:31 pm »
What's your limit on bacon strips?  I think the wives confer about these things.  That's why they come up with these ideas after their Womens' Conferences.  At car shows, too.  What do you think they're talking about?  Ever notice them looking at you sideways while talking with other women, and they get quiet when you get close?

I like the thick-sliced, hickory-cured bacon.  Cooked not too crispy, not too soft, and not dripping grease.

I think Womens' Conferences are unhealthy for me.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:27:21 pm by tshark »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2017, 12:38:29 pm »
In reading on this forum, I discovered that the long-term members I know of aren't founding members.  Are any of the originals still around?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2017, 07:33:24 pm »
Yes, all three are around, still living in the Atlanta area, maybe even in the same homes, but they don't come around any more.  Ramon came to Helen at RFTH, but not to participate in the event.  He was the last I know of to pay a visit to any club event. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2017, 07:38:20 pm »
So, none of them are current members.  Bummer.  A falling out, or loss of time/interest?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2017, 07:53:02 pm »
Yes.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2017, 07:59:01 pm »
I didn't used to have any interest in the Indy Fiero.  I mean, a 4-banger doesn't normally cut it for me, and I'm not a fan of the interior color combination.  Of course, if it came with one of these, or looked like TopNotch's...:

But I'd want wheels that look like these:

Not nostrils on the roof scoop, though:

From the rearview mirror, I'm not sure if this would look better or worse:

And I'd want a functional scoop with strobe light:

I read that the light housing is an aircraft part.

The next problem is that I already have a white Fiero.  I like red, but the decals and those wheels would look terrible on red.

Worse, I know where I could get a nice Indy, but it's been maintained as original, and I don't want angry visits by people carrying pitchforks.

Decisions, decisions.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2017, 08:03:19 pm »
Actually, a shiny version of this would look better, to me:

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2017, 06:12:47 pm »
Google/Siri are listening.  Ever have your phone wake you up to clarify what you said?  Out of the blue, I've had my phone and other people's phones start talking.  Often, out of complete slience, suddenly someone's phone starts asking what you said.  My phone is always on vibrate, and I never do voice control or dictation, so it really makes me wonder...

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2017, 06:15:10 pm »
I had a nightmare, last night.  One of my clients has over 3,000 networks to handle things in a particular facility.  There are reasons these networks must remain separate.  In my nightmare, marketing got their way, and we had to add almost 900 more networks, as well as change the network scheme.  I was SO RELIEVED today, when I verified that I didn't have to make this change.  For those unfamiliar with what's involved, imagine using the same area a city subdivision currently occupies, but adding one third more houses, changing the street names and numbers, and keeping everyone separate and happy.  Oh, and have the post office still deliver everything to the correct people.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2017, 05:05:57 pm »
The look of these wheels is really growing on me:

I don't know what they're called.  This image shows ”centerline”, but that's all I have.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2017, 05:07:46 pm »
Those wheels are similar to the ones used on the "real" pace car -- the one that paced the race.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2017, 05:08:56 pm »
Yes.  I think they look great.  Much better than the GrandAm wheels.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2017, 06:50:25 pm »
When it rains...

We had rain today.  Torrents.  Cats and dogs.  The brand new roof at the office was damaged by a falling tree.  Water poured into the server closet.  What're the odds?  It's in the middle of the building.  Covered by insurance, but what an annoyance!

I went by the UPS store to mail some stuff.  As I babked out, there were some odd noises.  I have bikes in the back of my (covered) truck that had been leaning on one of the boxes, so I figured that the bikes were adjusting for gravity.  A few turns later, I wasn't so sure.  After a few starts and stops, I decided the sound (which was terrible by this time) was rotational.  The sound seemed to come from the right rear.  I looked under the truck, and saw nothing obvious.  So, I drove home, grinding a bit the whole way.  When I turned onto my street, there was a clanking noise.  I was going to back into the driveway, but the terrible noises made me rethink that.  I pulled off the right rear wheel, brake caliper and bracket, and the brake drum.  Parts fell out.  What used to be the brake shoe ring with pieces of brake shoe, pieces of the adjuster bolts, part of the screw that holds the brake shoe ring in place, and other pieces of hardware.  Joy.

I don't have a way to get to the screw that holds the shoe ring in place, because the mount plate is in the way.  I have axle bearings, so the entire exle must come out, or I can take it to the dealer, because they have the correct tool.

The neighbors had some pipes burst, so the ground is all torn up to replace.  It smells like sewage outside.

Opened the mail.  Doctor bills and test results.  No good news there.

Wanted to take a quick ride on my ATV.  Flat tire.  Somehow, it has the valve stem broken off.

Went to make pizza.  New oven, but the oven isn't working.  Called out for pizza.  This is the first time I've ever found 3 pizza places that can't make pizza.

Went outside, and hey, the sun came out.  I should've waited to open the mail.  I would've gotten better news.

Things are looking up.  Outback steakhouse is going to deliver supper.