Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: December Meeting and Christmas Party  (Read 14735 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
December Meeting and Christmas Party
« on: November 22, 2016, 01:21:44 pm »
The club Christmas Party is to be held on December 10 at The Galaxy Diner, 3320 Henderson Mill Road, Chamblee/(Atlanta).  It will be at the same time as our regular meeting time of 1:30.  All are invited, whether you are a paid member or not, or even if you've never attended a meeting.  Family and friends welcome to join us, too. 

We celebrate in a manner often called White Elephant Christmas, Crazy Christmas and a number of other names.  This is our version:

We have set a price limit of $25.  That means it can be something you got out of the junk drawer, on up to the $25 limit.  It can be a useful gift or a gag gift.  Gift for male or female, adult or child.  You should wrap the gift, but no names should be on it.

1.  Numbers will be written or tickets provided for each gift.  So, if there are 25 gifts, we will have something with numbers ranging from 1 to 25.  Each person bringing a gift will be given the opportunity to draw a number from a container.

2.  Once all numbers are drawn, gift selection will begin with the person holding the Number 1 ticket.

3.  That person may select any wrapped gift.

4.  Then the person holding the Number 2 ticket has the opportunity to take an unopened gift, OR can give Person Number 1 their ticket, take their gift and Number 1 must select another unopened gift. 

5.  This proceeds in numeric order, with each person having the opportunity to steal someone's gift or open a new one.  You cannot open a gift then swap it.  The only swap allowed is your ticket for a previously opened gift.

6.  A person can only have his/her gift stolen 2 times.  After that, they have immunity.  A person cannot go back and take a gift that has previously been stolen from them.

7.  When all gifts have been opened, the person who originally held the Number 1 ticket has the ability to swap for any other person's gift including their original gift if desired because having been the first to select, had no one to steal from. 

Do not be afraid to bring a gag or inexpensive gift.  Do not be afraid to take someone else's gift.  That's what makes this so much fun.  Of course, afterward, if you want to swap gifts with someone, you may do so (if they agree). 

We also ask that each person bring a new unwrapped gift for our Toys For Tots donation.  Normally Pat and Linda collect those to be delivered to the Marines Collection Point. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
Re: December Meeting and Christmas Party
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 09:48:53 am »
BUMP
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
Re: December Meeting and Christmas Party
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 11:08:53 pm »
Please Do Not Forget To Bring A Wrapped Gift For The Gift Exchange.

Also Please Bring An Unwrapped Gift For  Toys 4 Tots.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 11:04:30 pm by GrannyLinda »
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!