Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Power mirror switch, Harmonic Balancer ?  (Read 14289 times)

Drewbdo

• View Profile
Power mirror switch, Harmonic Balancer ?
« on: March 07, 2017, 12:20:12 pm »
Does anyone (or the parts barn) have the switch unit and plate for the power mirrors? I purchased power mirrors from PFF, and plan to put the mechanism into my mirror stalks (Testarossa replica). My car has a black plastic plate glued in between the power window switches, and manual mirrors.

Also, I believe my timing is off again, as when I drove it this weekend, the power had decreased, and it was hard to crank. At Christmas, my dad helped me get the timing set by feel & sound. He's an ASE Master with about 50 years of experience, so he's getting the hang of wrenchin' on cars.  ;)

Anyway, we tried using a timing light, but the timing was off according to the timing mark. That's why dad decided to set it by feel. He said, (and then I saw it posted elsewhere) that sometimes the harmonic balancer can be incorrect... apparently it "shifts" or something.

PFF suggested buying a new one from Rodney Dickman. Before doing that, does anyone have a good one, or should I just spend the money at Rodney's?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 12:29:51 pm by Drewbdo »

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Power mirror switch, Harmonic Balancer ?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 02:19:02 pm »
I seem to remember a complete power mirror setup in the barn. I'm not sure if it's still there, though.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Power mirror switch, Harmonic Balancer ?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:44:44 pm »
Andrew, you can purchase a new harmonic balancer for a 3.4 and have a machine shop cut a new timing mark in it at 10*.  That's what I did when I did my swap to the 3.4.  I believe the crankshaft keyway is at TDC, so they'd only have to indicate off that for the correct position.  Summit Racing has these:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/year/1994/make/chevrolet/model/camaro/department/engines-components/engine-type/v6?N=4294950085%2B4294951398%2B4294951359%2B4294949512%2B4294943542%2B4294949281
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers