Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Coming soon  (Read 16558 times)

fiero128

• Giday from Aussie land
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkesburyhydrogen.com
Coming soon
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:41:53 am »
Solar panels to charge batteries
Off batteries, a 350 vDC generator"No Gasoline  needed"
350v DC to go into the existing solar inverter
Resulting in your solar inverter to work at night time and day time.
Resulting in No electricity bills ever , or intil your batteries need replacing in 18 years.
You  guys are in 110V AC for main voltage butthat can be done too
Hydrogen to generated off the charged batteries for free home heating and gas cooking.
This system will be starting at $6000AUD
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:43:52 am by fiero128 »
Hawkesbury Hydrogen
More Km perTank
saving money
ABN 98866913657
+61412119530
+61448119310
+61245672275

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Coming soon
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 07:59:32 am »
Good to see that you have everything sorted out. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 08:07:14 am »
I'm from the Show Me State, so I'll wait and see.

My dad built a solar house in the '80's.  Output was AC, but obviously a converter.  The collectors took up most of the attic, and the solar panels most of the roof.  Not portable.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 03:59:59 pm »
If you're in a place with plenty of wind, wind power is a good choice for making electricity. Here's an article about wind power in Texas, were they use it more than any other state.
Whenever I visit my brother in Graham, TX, I drive past a "wind farm".

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 04:47:38 pm »
Allen has been playing with alternate power sources for quite a while.  We talk about it frequently when he calls.  He's been using hydrogen gas as a supplement to his diesel Toyota HiLux (Tundra in the US) for several years.  He generates his own hydrogen in a tank in the bed as he drives along.  He also has a small home built wind generator.  I knew he'd been using solar for a while, but didn't realize he was this far along with the full solar project.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 05:45:04 pm »
Interesting to know about the alternate power sources.

The HiLux, at least the one they sell in Malaysia and Japan, is nothing like the Tundra we have here.  Along with the Prado and some other models, it wasn't approved in the US, for safety reasons.  The HiLux sits much higher, and, unlike the Tundra, is only available as a light truck.  The HiLux has an air snorkel going up the A-pillar to just above the roofline.  The standard package includes brush guards, rally bars/lights, special floor mats, and off-road tires.  Options for ”heavy-duty” suspension, body cladding, headlight guards, and belly plates are available.  Unfortunately, it's just as flimsy as the Tundra.  The belly plate is plastic, rather than aluminum.  The electronics aren't properly shielded from moisture, and would regularly stall the vehicle.  The splash guards double as mud collectors.  About the only things that didn't fail were the body panels--probably because we didn't lean on them.
 Throughout the vehicle, the cheapest parts and materials were used.  My '95 S10 Blazer 4x4 with an aluminum belly plate, off-road Michelins, no lift kit, and brush guard outpaced the new HiLux--and mine didn't break down.  I was impressed, but not in a good way.  Over several weeks, we went through several on these HiLux toys.  They spend most of their time on the hook and in the shop.  They didn't think my S10 Blazer was up to the challenge, but the only problem it had was the fuel.

The Tundra and Sequoia had to be upgraded to pass safety here in the US.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 06:31:11 pm »
They have a vehicle down under that's like the El Camino and El Ranchero.  I don't remember what they're called.  There's a generic name for them.  I got to drive one, because they couldn't come up with a truck for me.

fiero128

• Giday from Aussie land
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkesburyhydrogen.com
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 08:24:34 am »
FYI: the 1996 to 1999 Hilux range from a 2.4 Litre to a 3 Litre diesel engine
The Body is one of the strongest 4x4 cars made around that time.
I was hit in the rear right tail light , By a Hyundi seater station wagon.at 40MPH. it was a right off
I drive my car home
I have seen many Hilux cars rolled over and you could still open the doors.
On the other hand the Hilux cars , from 2001 to 2017 are not strong and are dented as you lean on the gard or the doors.
My 1998 diesel / Hydrogen ,3.0 Litre has 490,000km on the engine and still can get 16Km/10 Miles out of just an Australian one litre of diesel
Hawkesbury Hydrogen
More Km perTank
saving money
ABN 98866913657
+61412119530
+61448119310
+61245672275

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 08:47:09 am »
Didn't know a Hilux car existed.  Why are they rolling over?  A strong body is nice, but I prefer a strong frame.  Good luck finding a car with a strong frame, now. Fold joints and air bags took the place of a strong frame.

That vehicle type I was thinking of is a Ute.

We call those cars that dent when you lean on them tin can cars.  Lots of newer foreign cars do that.  Proton, Perodua, Kia, etc.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 11:24:27 am »
The HiLux is a small pickup. At the beginning of the mini-truck craze (think "Chevy LUV"), it used to be available in the US. It eventually evolved into the Tacoma. Then it got bigger, as all the other "mini" trucks did. (Example... The S10 evolved into the the Colorado, which is as big as a full sized truck was, 20 years ago.)
A good friend of mine has a '95 Tacoma which is coming up on a half million miles. He's had to have the trans replaced once, I think, and 1 or 2 clutches, but the engine has never been into. He changes the oil... occasionally.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 01:19:51 pm »
20 years ago was 1997.  A full-size truck was the same size as now.  The F150, or Silverado, or RAM 1500 were still the same size as now.  The 1940's trucks were a bit smaller.  The S10 was a short, light-duty pickup, then a small truck, and yes, was replaced by the Colorado, but it's nowhere near as big as my Avalanche.  Back in the '80's, I had a 1-ton pickup with dualies, 8-foot bed and a crew cab.  It was physically wider than the lane, and couldn't be driven in the city, but it was great for pulling a gooseneck livestock trailer.  That truck was still in use, as of a few years ago.

It used to be common to put a few million miles on a vehicle.  I've been selling my vehicles between 300,000 and 500,000 miles.  I changed the tires, fluids, belts, brakes, the alternator, battery, and the fuel pump.  My Impala was hit, and broke a side mirror.  I live in the rust belt, so the exhaust eventually has issues.  My '95 S10 from up North had a brake line rust through.  One of the biggest problems I have is that the seat belts no longer retract properly. I buy my vehicles with 100,000 miles on them, then put a few hundred thousand more miles on them, and sell them.  My goal is to buy the trucks for $6K or less, and spend less than $6K on them over 5-7 years.  Tires alone are $1,200 with an alignment.  My current truck will be the most expensive vehicle, because I had to replace the fuel pump and the rear main seal.  I guess I didn't have to replace the seal, but there were occasionally a few oil drips in my driveway, which is unacceptable.  So yes, this truck has cost me $12K, or will, when I change the tires in 55,000 miles or so.  My truck in an '03, so has to keep up with emissions.

As for the Tundra, too many people have died because the brakes fail.  Shortly after a batch of deaths caused by failing brakes, the Toy company started commercials about brakes with those big weights coming down.  Unfortunately, some of those who died were friends of mine.  3 died in the same incident.  Toy insisted that it was driver failure.  As part of the requirements, they got a professional driver and a new Tundra, and had to attempt the same drive.  The professional driver and 3 Toy execs died in the same spot, also due to brake failure, but it was also ruled that there were other design flaws.  The Toy company settled, but my friends are still dead.  The Toy Tundra has since had multiple upgrades, but there has been no recall, and people keep dying, due to the poor design of sad Toys.  The Toy company actually encourages this, with marketing stating that it was a 3/4-ton, but performed as a 1-ton.  The accidents proved they couldn't even perform as a 1/2-ton truck.  To me, there are 2 types of Toy trucks: those that have cost lives, and those that will cost lives.

I've made that drive many times, even with an old Ford with a granny first, with a 1940's Ford, with a 1960's Ford 3-speed, with my 1-ton, with a '72 Dodge, with a '77 GMC V6, with a '78 Chevy, and with a '97 Silverado.  My dad made it in his Sonoma, and said he had his hands full.  I think a light truck has no business making that run.  The road used to be an old logging road, and the Sonoma just doesn't have enough mass, resulting in a high COG, and the need for more braking.  Heck, that V6 struggled, but was pulling a 20-foot trailer.  The '60's Ford (cab and bed were one piece)  I drove through in the Winter, on ice, with chains, and a load of hay stacked flat 2 bales high above the cab.  The Dodge was 4 on the tree, and I was hauling a bull in the bed, as well as a trailer.  Way worse than a later trip to West Plains, but after this drive I always tied the bulls stationary when in the back of the truck.  The 1-ton I drove through pulling a long gooseneck trailer with pigs, then later with horses.  The different trucks had very different behaviors.

Every year, they used to have a truck challenge, designed to educate the public.  You had to bring a stock truck to participate.  There were pulling, hauling, braking, etc portions.  The Toy company lost every single one.  They wanted to change the competition to TCO, mileage, features, and style.  I guess the meaning of ”truck” was lost on them.