Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2/3 of the world is water  (Read 15020 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
2/3 of the world is water
« on: May 04, 2017, 06:20:35 pm »
Anyone want some?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:07:20 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: 2/3 of the world is water
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 06:57:15 pm »
Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink!

Bye, y'all!

No gas!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:13:06 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 07:58:12 am »
I'm seeing that to the SW side of you, just on the outskirts, I-44 is closed for what looks like 10-15 miles, along with some other roads closer in. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 08:08:11 am »
Yes.  Inconvenient.  Terrible for the people whose houses are flooded.

The cabin by the Missouri River isn't flooded, yet, because it's on 10' stilts, but you don't need to use the steps.  The cabin is built on a hill next to the river.  One of the bulldozers is outside the levy, and up to the A-pillar in water.  I guess it'll be there for a while.  I can't see the blade, or the hood.  Just the tops of the lights, and the cab.

I guess picking up my Fiero this weekend wasn't meant to be.  It wasn't ready, but that's the highway I'd take.
Didn't want to drive in the rain, anyway.  55 is blocked going South, Alton is flooded northeast... I'm sure the confluence is flooded.  There used to be a town there.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 08:24:26 am »
Hwy 30 looked to be an alternate that bypassed the flooded I-44 section.  When I lived up there, my first landlord had a place over on the Missouri.  Righr on the bank, and on stilts, of course.  He said sometimes the only access was by boat.

I used to drive 67 around through Alton on the weekends, headed to a little club in a town I think was named Bethesda.  18 years old, returning highly intoxicated across what was a 2-lane steel girder bridge across the river in Alton.  Don't know how I was never stopped.  Sometimes I don't even know how I got back.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 08:34:47 am »
I do not like the Alton bridge--or Illinois, for that matter.  I've heard of Bethesda.  Never been.  Usually go to Mac's.  Never been to Fast Eddies, either.

Hwy 30, also known as Gravois Rd?  No thanks.  More accidents per mile from people who don't stop.  I'd rather take Hwy 100, and it's terrible.

67 is very long.  It goes into Alton, and down where I grew up.

Next weekend, we're supposed to attend a presentation by a bunch of quartets.  The location itself is OK, but currently inaccessible by car.  It's like $35 per person, so the water needs to go down.