Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2017 FIERO /Grassroots Challenger  (Read 24961 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: 2017 FIERO /Grassroots Challenger
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 06:33:05 pm »
 Yea! just talked to Bill In Ocala Fla. He is coming up the Day Before Thanksgiving to see his Son In Rome Ga. and will Be Picking up the Fiero In Jacksonville Fla. this week, so working with Jeremy(Pimpn3) who presently has the car to Finalize Picking it up.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 07:38:48 pm »

Look, very Close at the First Picture, Guess what the Car Name will Be.  First one to Notice Is the Stinking WINNER...Lol 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2017, 08:22:51 pm »
How about "Procrastination"? 

I like the way the quad headlights were done in the first picture in the thread of the gray car front end.  We need to take a close gander at that to see how it was done. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2017, 09:06:17 pm »
Ok but the first picture on my computer also has a radiator cap in it, but the answer isn't about the cooling system. L O L

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:20 pm »
I see something that's sometimes called a Pumpkin Bug or a Stink Bug. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2017, 06:56:03 am »

There you Go, We have a winner,  so how 'bout Stink Bug?  But really now, I was after one of my friends to help but really Haven't asked Directly for Money. He Own's Northwest Exterminating and said I could get some Mouse Decals to put on the Car, after I get it running I'll go see Him.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2017, 08:04:10 am »
The exterminating company is going to sponsor a car named after an invasive pest?  It'd make more sense if the car was named ”The Bug Zapper” or ”The Exterminator”.  Just saying.

I used to get bankers to sponsor me.  Then whatever news company is covering, and the caterer, and a tire dealer.  That gave me money, only positive coverage, all the food my guys could eat, and free tires.  I was never able to get a car manufacturer or an engine builder to sponsor me, but you could try them.  Over time, I got sponsorship from paint and body shops.  One race, I was sponsored by the Sheriff's office, and had a wanted poster decal.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2017, 12:40:42 pm »
 I like the Wanted Poster.  On the Late model A very Large and Popular Body shop was a Sponser for at least 10 Years, Tires, Fuel, Body parts. this exterminating is likely the Largest around. and we were just Cutting up when I asked about' The Mouse', But who knows we will see, I hopefully won't need any thing But It would cost a Grand in Fuel, food, rooms, but all Good.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2017, 06:00:06 pm »

IT'S  HERE,  IN BALLGROUND GEORGIA.

Boy , it's a mess, so far I have seen some neat stuff. Lots of stuff has just gotten Aged sitting in the Flordia Sun, a couple day's of cleaning will tell more. the spray bomb rust O leum Gray is worse than the Pictures look, and Over all it's well, a Mess . what day is this month's Meeting I want ya'll to see it before I start taking it apart.     
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 08:35:02 am by GTXVette »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2017, 06:04:50 pm »
December 9, Christmas Get Together.  Regular time of 1:30.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2017, 08:06:02 am »
At long last!  It sounds as if you have a lot of fun ahead of you.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2017, 08:08:36 am »
  Thanks GTRS,
  Lots of work, but so much is so well done. so yea it's need of a head gasket is paramount But on the other hand 90% of this car can be made awesomly 'Presentable' with a super clean, it has an OEM windshield and the rear plexi is presentable, the side glass is a less expensive material and Fogged over so you cannot see out.   setteled dirt in floor pans wiped clean with hot water and purple clean.

I don't want to pressure clean as it has a couple thousand bucks worth of electronics, all Auto Meter "Phantom" gauges that appear new, and an ECM that is GM and must be newer style as it can read Boost,      and the abilitiy to install any engine that will fit because it also Has a Mega Squirt driver and connections for a laptop. custom T/B intake mount

I saw a post on Pennocks yesterday about 3.5 and newer engins as well as 3.9 it look's as if with the power advantage the new engins  I may be wasting time fiddling with a repair in the 3.4 engine which on closer examination also has some special stuff,

Raydar was Posting on the Discussion so we need to talk, and of couses anyone else that wants to contribute, as I am Open to caddy Northstar right on through what have you,  Just remember  This car is Super light weight so that shall remain a goal. hell I will put in a Chevy V-8 if its ALL Aluninum.  No I Don't Have one and now its a 4 speed.      LOT'S of good stuff here.!

the car has lite weight Doors, Hand made engine cover, lite Hood with air ducting coming straight off the Radiator Huge Magna flow Muffler that look's Stainless.

just a lot of good stuff that needs cleaning and detailing and is not needed it's been CUT Off, The rear cradle and Engine mounts are well designed and solid as a rock and no rubber at the body mounts(Aluminum discs)

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2017, 10:57:28 am »
The 3.5 idea is interesting. I happen to have one with a spun bearing that needs rebuilt. Great block and components. I haven't looked at the bearing yet though. Might need a crank. A boosted 3.4 will scream though. You may want to keep it simple with the rig on your first time out.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2017, 12:23:32 pm »

you are right, just got the heads off and yep no.6 (rear firewall side) was  blown because of a chip?in the edge of the head. A repair had been attempted  with epoxy but didn't work.  some one in Carrolton has a set of 3400's for 100 bucks (CL)  these are 3100's.
 will it just bolt back up or what all will need to change with the newer 3400  heads

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2017, 06:53:14 pm »
3400 (aluminum) or 3.4 iron?  Same with 3100, 3500, 3900. The 3x00 use aluminum heads and possibly roller cam.  They should bolt on, but the compression will change without a piston change too.  I can't remember if the compression goes up or down. If the compression goes up and you're naturally aspirated, it's probably good with racing fuel, but if turbo, not good at all. That's probably why the head's chipped.
If 3.4, any 2.8, 3.1, 3.4 (iron) heads will work.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)