Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Hurricane victims  (Read 15139 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Hurricane victims
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:07:38 am »
Prayers for the hurricane victims.  I understand that many relocated to Georgia.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Hurricane victims
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 01:37:34 pm »
There have been more Florida vehicles on the expressways than Georgia vehicles.  Many of those evacuees went to the West side of Georgia based on the forecast track, at that time.  With the expected change westward, it actually puts them right in the path. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 07:06:32 pm »
That's terrible!

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 07:58:25 pm »
Yup. Lots of gas stations on the west side of the state (at least between Douglasville and Dallas) are running out of fuel. Most have been replenished within 12 hours, however.
What's the east side looking like?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:10:13 pm »
The only stations I've seen without fuel are the Ingles Superstores.  Auburn, Winder and Oakwood Ingles stations are closed and haven't had fuel since just after  Harvey.  Prices are mostly at $2.75 with some as high as $2.89.  These are prices I've seen in my area and the Duluth, Gainesville and Jefferson areas. 

Traffic on I-85 was heavy yesterday, but moving at the speed limit.  Friday afternoon, trying to get onto Ga. 316 East, having no left turn light, making a left turn was risky.  I eventually had to pull out into the middle of the intersection and wait for the light to turn red.  Hwy 81 was solid with cars coming straight through, headed north.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 09:14:19 pm »
Are the ”refugees” mostly staying in shelters, with private individuals, or in hotels?  I'm also curious about the grocery store stock.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 09:29:00 pm »
There are RV parks that I understand are filled, and some of them that were closing down for the season have reopened.  I'm sure that hotels are filled, especially along the main corridors.  I haven't seen any local reports about storm shelters.

I was in an Ingles and a Kroger store Friday afternoon and there was no unusual number of patrons and all the shelves were stocked with lots of milk, bread and bathroom tissue.  Everything was as usual.  No one seemed to be hoarding.  Kroger's Murphy gas station was doing business as usual with no lines.  But that's the east side of Atlanta.  The storm is predicted to move even further west than originally thought. 

Again, BP is raising their prices along with everyone else, though it's been reported that their fuel comes down from Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, or somewhere up that way and isn't affected by Harvey or the Colonial Pipeline mishaps. 

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 10:27:24 pm »
Prices are probably "supply and demand". Everything on this side of the state is 2.75 - 2.89 - IF you can get it. (I paid 2.60 at Sams, on Friday, but I think that ship has sailed...) Lots of places are out. Ingles was out this morning, but had restocked by this evening. QT was out this morning and evening.
I'm hoping enough gas will be available by the time RFTH arrives. (I've got to run premium, too.)

Edit - A quick check of Gas Buddy shows lots of places around here with gas. Most of it 2.75 - 2.79.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:31:29 pm by Raydar »

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 10:01:10 am »
 Still no words from Key West, monday we saw a post that said they had Seen My Nephew but that is all haven't heard from my Sister either.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 11:58:54 am »
Prayers. Fingers crossed...

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 03:33:37 pm »
thank you, We just saw a Face book post to Heath's MIL in Ontario it say's that Faye and he are doing well, Have not heard from my sister though, just waiting now but the pics I have seen are not looking good.
 the trailer park they show on the news is either on Key West or Stock Island,  within a couple miles of each other so no matter except that, it's really just Not There.
 My nephew's house is a 2 story but stick built(Frame) house they kept calling the Fortress. I belive it to be gone also, but still no pics of his house but TV photos(FB) look bad

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 06:01:12 pm »
No news is good news.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 07:24:47 pm »
   yes, it is, isn't it!    Heath say's his house has no serious damage.. no water no Power.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 09:52:53 am »
How did our Augusta people do? 

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 11:41:31 am »
 My sister is with her son Heath, thanks all for your Concern.  Key west didn't fare well this Storm.