Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Club Participation  (Read 14274 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Club Participation
« on: October 14, 2018, 12:43:08 pm »
Clubs live or die based on participation/volunteers.  I belong to NIFE, but I'm not a very active member.  I don't attend meetings, don't vote, and only attend 1 event every few years.  When I do attend an event, I try to volunteer, but this is of limited use, as most of the work has already been done by the time the event happens.  Just physically being at an event is good, but being a part of the event is so much more helpful to making events happen.  I'll admit to being a mooch, a freeloader, someone who does little or nothing to gain from the hard work of others.  As my kids get older, I hope to have more time to volunteer.

This is not a 1-way thing, either.  As with any other group, volunteering is a great way to get to know people, and form personal relationships.  The more you participate/volunteer, the more you get out of an event/activity.

When a request comes out for help, in whatever form, read it as "opportunity knocks".  The request could be for making phone calls, taking pictures, being some form of leader, making signs, etc.  Usually, the need is for you to contribute your time.  I strongly encourage each person to not only respond to requests for help, but also to seek out these opportunities.  Your time and enthusiasm help keep the group alive.

Also, each member is an ambassador for the club.  Our representation of the club will potentially attract or repulse potential new members.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:13:39 am by GTRS Fiero »

PK

• View Profile
Re: Club Participation
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 02:55:28 pm »
Would love to attend/participate at some point.  :D

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 06:37:41 pm »
Volunteers are needed for things like coordinating raffles, coordinating vendor donations, working on artwork, etc.  These are cyclical needs.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 06:49:08 pm »
A former member usually added the graphics to the image, but he's retired now and out of Fieros.  When he wasn't able to do it, the previous printer did it for me.  That printer had production issues of late so I found the new printer and they did the graphics for this year's shirt.  The membership shirt graphics was done by the company that produces our membership decals. 

I think I've got the artwork aspect covered. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 06:50:15 pm »
Would love to attend/participate at some point.  :D

As was done for Allen and Julie from Australia, I think we can find a car for you if you get here if you'll keep it on the right side of the roadway. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 12:58:45 am »
Brilliant thank you.  I am used to driving on the wrong (right) side of the road  as have spent many thousands of miles traveling through euro land ;).  Left hand drive on the left (or RHD on the right) is where it gets odd.