Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: I guess they should've called me Little Johnny  (Read 14240 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
I guess they should've called me Little Johnny
« on: September 23, 2017, 03:48:58 pm »
'Cause I certainly don't follow convention.  Following some discomfort in my mouth, I found that a tooth is growing through the roof of my mouth.  How the HECK didn't they notice this on the dental x-rays?

This only solidifies my opinion of medical professionals.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: I guess they should've called me Little Johnny
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 03:56:39 pm »
If they place the filmstrip behind your teeth and the machine passes around your face from ear to ear, it probably wouldn't show up.  The film might have to be placed on your tongue and exposed from the top of your head.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 06:27:05 pm »
If they place the filmstrip behind your teeth and the machine passes around your face from ear to ear, it probably wouldn't show up.  The film might have to be placed on your tongue and exposed from the top of your head.

These are valid points; however, some years ago, I had to have my wisdom teeth removed.  They were supposed to take all 4, but could only get three.  They tore my mouth up, cut a piece out of my jaw, and did lots of damage.  The fourth tooth has been being monitored, and they check it every time, supposedly.  They always insist that the tooth is fine, ”no movement”.  I had been going to one dentist, but he retired, so I went to another dentist, but then  there were insurance issues, so I went to another dentist, but didn't care for them, so I'm on the fourth dentist in 1.5 years.  The first thing you have to do when changing dentists is to get x-rays.  So, 4 dentists in 1.5 years, and none of them saw this, despite telling me that the tooth was OK.

It's apparently fairly major surgery.  I didn't enjoy the last round, and am not looking forward to a repeat.

This is like having your oil changed every 3,000 miles at Dobbs, only to discover at 300,000 miles that it still has the original factory oil filter.  Wouldn't you figure they were changing the filter, since you're paying for it, and they said they changed it?

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 09:48:46 am »
I've learned that sometimes you have to go in and tell them up front, "This is my concern and this is what I believe you are going to do about it so, tell me right now what you intend to do and I'll decide wheather or not I stay or walk out now."

They are all overpaid for what is called a 'medical PRACTICE'. If they were 'medical professionals' I could understand the charges. Medical professionals are few and far in-between. The one thing to always remember is that YOU are the customer, you are paying and expect to get satisfaction for your money for their services...PERIOD!

Believe me I've been to some guys that had their diplomas all over the walls and pictures of their fathers and mothers whose footsteps they followed in for generations and absolutely didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I've also had pharmacists look at my prescriptions and tell me that if the doctor had examined my check-in paperwork they would have known that the scrip they just wrote me didn't go well with my current medication and they had to call the docs office to straighten them out. I've even had some prescribe medication that contained elements to which I am allergic (and I told them and had written down) that fortunately I caught before I left the office.

I've told all of my present doctors this from day one and have a good working relationship with them. There are also some that I just walked out on. I learned to do this the hard way and have no regrets about letting doctors know how I feel about being treated.

You can't call a doctor a quack, because ducks have better sense.

But I digress. Tell them what you expect them to do.

You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 09:54:39 am »
That's why I left 2 dentists ago...and the dentist who did the oral surgery for my wisdom tooth removal.  The recent dentist was before any work was done.  Mostly like you describe.  They wanted to charge me a cancellation, an office fee, and something else.  We ended up in court.  I threatened malpractice, but my lawyer went after them for what they were going to charge me.  I ended up ahead about $110.  I can't go back to that dentist, though.  LOL!