Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: An Honest Used Car Dealer  (Read 14074 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
An Honest Used Car Dealer
« on: October 08, 2017, 08:04:32 am »
I had to take a short trip yesterday and I saw something I never thought I'd see.  An Honest Used Car Dealer.  It was one of those Buy Here, Pay here dealerships.  Their flatbed wrecker was in the lot unloading a vehicle.  Had the dealer name on the door.  Emblazoned along the side of the bed rail was the legend "We Buy Junk Cars".  Now how much more honest can a used car dealer be?
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: An Honest Used Car Dealer
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 08:46:45 am »
I've purchased cars from junkyards, and the buy here, pay here places.  Any time you buy a used car, you have to figure you know what you're getting.  My worst used car purchase from a ”reputable” dealer.

I gave the dealer the opportunity to make things right.  2 years later, he'd declared bankruptcy, been divorced, and lost his dealership.  He is now in jail.  It had to do with an ABS light.  Rather than replacing the faulty module, he removed the bulb.  Illegal.  He admitted it in court.  Then he assaulted the bailiff.  All over a $200 module.  He lost the bulb, so that cost him $38.  I don't know how much the labor was.

There was an honest used car dealership in NY.  Lemons Used Cars.  He may have spelled it ”Lemonds”.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: An Honest Used Car Dealer
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 11:15:20 am »
...Emblazoned along the side of the bed rail was the legend "We Buy Junk Cars".  Now how much more honest can a used car dealer be?

At least it didn't say, "We sell junk cars."
But then, we buy - and resurrect - cars, on a regular basis, that could easily have been given up for "dead", by most sane folks.