Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: New members?  (Read 15769 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
New members?
« on: October 13, 2017, 09:08:08 pm »
I've watched while a number of people registered here, and were approved, but it doesn't seem that they ever log on.  Since they never log on, I'm not sure what the point was in registering.  They couldn't have sent or received PMs, nor made any posts or topics.  It takes effort to register.  Some of them are on other Fiero forums.

What am I missing?

For new members reading this, what could we do to encourage you to participate?  I'm sure that you have questions and knowledge to share.  Personally, I enjoy reading about people working on their Fieros, thus sharing their excitement.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:25:28 am by GTRS Fiero »

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: New members?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:22:19 am »
 I know the last two that I asked did so in support of My Challenge effort, andy N the former car owner, and SVrx who was building the L67 car to "Kick My Butt" They are Primarly on Grassroots and that ecompasses almost any Car that can Handle, Look good and run like a Scalded Dog.
 When It became known I wasn't going to get any Help with My Fiero Paul decided to Sell his Fiero and Andy is building a Q45 into a Pick-up truck for that Sub-Catagory,  They do look in though.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 12:19:49 pm »
Both of the members you mention have posted on here.

IIRC, you don't have your Fiero, yet.  I'm not sure how anyone could help, at this point.  Most help is in the form of suggestions and encouragement.  Time is limited, and not everyone is excited by the same things.  I have not joined GRM, because I have no interest in posting there at this time.  I wish you the best with your efforts, and will offer any suggestion I can, but it's outside my experience.

It is good that members here have different goals for their Fiero(s) and share their excitement.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:24:02 pm »
........................ but it's outside my experience.

I think that's the answer right there though I know a number of us are interested in John's success.  None of us are that far advanced into race performance.  Slowburn57 and Streetstockss83, both in the Atlanta area are probably very capable, but they are no longer part of the active members.  Slowburn from the Powder Springs area, does race.  Streetstock from Jasper built engines for Whodeanie Custsoms.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 01:48:26 pm »

GTRS, Touche

FF   They would and will be welcome,  My prob is really just Stupid stuff.    Like I have a HD trailer.....But no Truck,  Pimpin3 said I could get it but Refer to my Catch 22. was thnking of doing a Parking lot build but again No truck to get it home Check GRM about Parking lot Builds the Fiero was one in 2015.

and again there are lots of Fiero owners on GRM not many folks keep them Original, Plus an insane number of AWSOME car Builds. I learn something new Every day. That's worth the Price of Admission.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 02:12:00 pm »

GTRS, Touche

No worries.  I'm frustrated with mine, for different reasons.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 07:19:49 pm »
  I thought you just got yours back ? or at least the work Compleated.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 07:37:32 pm »
It ran for about 200 miles, or less than half the way home.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 06:19:51 pm »
Not many new members, recently.  We got Donster back, and PK.  I'm not sure what would bring more people on board.

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 01:23:08 am »
I spent a year or more on PFF before registering.  Some people just want to have a read and are not too bothered about posting.

I run a decent sized boike forum and we have many non spam validated members that never post or post 3+years after registering.  Sometimes their first & last post is to sell the boike.... But they have done many years lurking.

I probably would have spent a considerable time lurking here afore posting but the email FF sends asking members to introduce themselves couldn't be ignored.

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 02:09:08 am »

I probably would have spent a considerable time lurking here afore posting but the email FF sends asking members to introduce themselves couldn't be ignored.

I'm glad you found an American Fiero Club to adopt you Pete. A quote from you on PFF :-)

Allthough we have just recently become paid members again (now that we actually have a Fiero again), I was often on our message board and did share some non-Fiero related topics every now and then, never lost sight of our forum. To come back as a paid member was a no-brainer.
The German Fiero forum (http://www.reloaded.fiero.de of which Oliver Scholz is a major contibuter and admin) is great, but I get better tips here, plus I know most of these people here personally.
And I promise, Anne & I will make it back eventually, combined with a trip to NOLA, which is still on our bucket-list. :-)

Cheers from abroad,

\D
Life is good!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 09:11:43 am »
2019 looks to be off to a good start.  We have new people actively participating.  That's great!

I'd like to see some introduction threads by these new members.

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 10:09:09 pm »
While I already posted an intro thread below, I am already very greatful for the club and happily paid my dues right away.

For me ot was just moving to the area that prompted my joining. That said, I appear to a youngin here at 35 and so my ideas for membership might not be everyone else's. I have always most enjoyed clubs that did more things. If there is always something to be looking forward to it helps build excitement and new members. A once a month meeting means I have to be really committed and free to attend. Since I work Saturdays that means I likely won't actually get to meet many of you for some time. But if we planned one or two other days a month to meet and either do a shop day/night, attend or show at a car show together, or some general social event that is more public we would make attending an easier process by both volume and the ease of habit that comes with frequency. Plus being public means more exposure and hopefully more members.

Just my observations of clubs in general and what I see with a zero experiance view of this club from the board.

Zack