Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Sad pics  (Read 14872 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Sad pics
« on: October 15, 2017, 09:34:23 pm »
I have mixed feelings about posting these.  I don't want this in my Saga thread.  I can only describe the feelings I had when I saw the sad condition of my Fiero as heartbreaking.  I had spent hundreds of hours meticulously cleaning up my Fiero.  It wasn't something I did just before taking it out; I cleaned on it almost weekly.  I replaced or restored every part as I came to it.  This work was supposed to be a major improvement to the rest of the car.  What I found was that my new floor mats are faded, my emblems are ruined, the needles on my gauges are just vaguely orange, the sunroof has been leaking, various bulbs, lug nut covers, screws, etc are missing.  The new and like new parts I provided for the job look as if they've been sitting in a junkyard.

All those hours and hours of work are erased, as if they'd never happened.  Where there was gleaming cleanliness, there are now piles of leaves, dirt all over, and cobwebs.  A bird made a nest in the rear.  I'll have to repeat all that work.  Some things on this car are no longer available, and have been ruined.

Most of the "detailing" looked like this:

and this:

Here's what happened to my rear emblem:

It isn't as if I could buy another one.

Here's one of the new TFS side markers:

How about my center caps?  Without the flash, you can barely see the emblem, anymore.  Just the dark flakes.

While detailing, they were considerate enough to break the power/volume button on my radio:

Sure, I can repair it, but I shouldn't have to.

Here are my new plugs:

I can't believe that anything was covered up.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:11:25 am by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Sad pics
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 05:10:31 pm »
I removed the twigs, and larger debris by hand.  Then I went and got the vacuum, and got most of the leaves out.  Then I got a cloth and a bucket of water.  Much of the caked up dirt has been removed.

I put the wind deflector in correctly, and secured the jack.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 05:19:27 pm »
Looks like some of the molding has been melted.  I think the club has a GT bumper logo on one of the rear fascias in the barn. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 05:24:32 pm »
I bought a GT one from TFS, but it won't match the rest of the car.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 06:40:14 pm »
OK.  Now I see that yours is custom. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 07:28:02 pm »
  Asked about this in another post,  are you saying that you Paid someone and this is what they returned. you do have a legal  recourse I hope you took Pics Before you began clean-up

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 07:34:49 pm »
That's the size of it.  I'm not tripping over the cleaning.  The big thing is that the car was in good condition, with lots of new parts.  I'll have to restore the car to the condition it was in.  The next thing is that the work needs to be redone.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 05:53:55 pm »
For what it's worth...
    the top plug in pics  although fuzzy looks like a good burn for about 1-5 thousand miles.
    the second is a quandry as there is carbon build-up on the bottom and a as new clean porcelin tip and then the crusty/rusty look of both. I will say I don't belive the second was firing but then again the carbon. Ultra Lean?
on both the threads look as if once upon a time the threads in the head have been Buggered up, consider a cleanup tap just for fun. there was a time when if all else failed there was a dealership that though expensive had the better mechanics, not as true Today

Where's the LOVE

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 05:18:36 pm »
The plugs all had to be replaced.  Believe it or not, they were all deemed as fouled.  One or 2 could've been used.