Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: GRM Challenge is this Friday  (Read 14179 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
GRM Challenge is this Friday
« on: October 18, 2017, 04:04:22 pm »
   Sadly, to my knowledge there will NOT be a Fiero this year. I leave Thursday Morning and hope to go and at least See the Fiero I am Buying,it's Half paid for.
  But my Friend Joe Burchett is who I am riding with and has a unique Car. it's a 1968 subaru  Van Channeled over a legends car chassis and powered by a Hybusa engine.  220 hp 1200lbs. zoom zoom.
 Also I am Happy Paul SVreX is selling his, it has a very reliable engine combo, I think the combo I am getting will be good If I can tune it right. 
 and I am Paying for a Northstar engine while there that is attached to a 1998 DeVille that runs and drives with an Exxon Valdeze oil leak/don't  they all.

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: GRM Challenge is this Friday
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:56:19 pm »

As of now one Jaguar is out . quit running way up north and they were driving it down so rented a U-Haul and Tow Dolly and headed Home.
   last years winner has had a Brake Caliper sieze up on the Tow Truck but that was last night and they are underway again.
   two different Trailers have had Blow outs, both are still headed South. The Guy I am riding with has called looking for a Fuel pump, But needs one that can Make 50 psi.  I've got a Holley 'Blue' but have to look up PSI rating.

Did I mention the Wall Street Journal has picked up on the Show with an article on the Smith's College All Girl Team?
   Georgia Tech Texas A&M AND a High School from the Carolina's are also in.
                       Going to be Fun.     It's only 4.5 hrs south and Free to Spectate    friday friday FRIDAY

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: GRM Challenge is this Friday
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 09:06:19 pm »
what MUST be Said is this was the most Incredable auto event I have ever witnessed. unique and Insane. the car I helped with was a 1968 subaru micro bus with a dwarf car frame and a Hybusa engine when it gets sorted out will be just plain Nuts. they got the People's Choice Award and finished mid pack overall. thanks Joe and Jamie for letting me Play with ya'll. the car was painted in Scoobie Doo theme and looked great. couldn't get the clutch to release so had to push start. had about a 4 second 60ft. but posted a high 16 sec. run at 87 mph. in the drag's and 40's in the autocross.

Georgia Tech won the Overall, 3 high school teams and 4 College teams.

GRM Face book site is full of Videos, also GRM youtube, take the time to look at them or at least look on GRM for pics, you will Smile!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:49:16 am by GTXVette »