Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 1985 Fiero - $6500 (Jasper) V8, power steering, new paint...  (Read 16741 times)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: 1985 Fiero - $6500 (Jasper) V8, power steering, new paint...
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 11:40:26 pm »
hey raydar do you remember driving this car a few years back right after the guy got it. he says you drove it just after he got it at one of our meetings. he says it looked different then had a wing and some other stuff on it and he said when you got back you ran into a concrete block or parking space stop or something and cracked the front valance or something?

Can't say that I do. Other than my car, I have driven only a few 4.9s. Those would be Ed Parks "demo" car, and Ronnie's 88 GT T-top.
I try to not drive other peoples' cars, for the reason you mentioned. Sh!t happens. I don't want to break stuff.
I'm not saying it didn't happen, but if it did, I don't remember. I wonder what it looked like, then? Same engine? Got me wondering...

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 11:59:25 pm »
in response to pgackerman what modern 4-banger producing 200 +hp and a lot less weight more room in the engine bay and better mileage would you suggest and how hard would the swap be?

The largest non-boosted Ecotec 4 cylinder (2.4 L) makes almost 180 HP in stock form. (30-40 HP more than a stock V6)
With a good header and intake, people are "claiming" ~200 hp.
Boosted, they're making in excess of 300. Waaay in excess.

Swaps are not really simple. Require a bunch of ECM "tweaking" or an (expensive) aftermarket ECM.
There are people selling mounting brackets, however.

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 08:00:47 am »
I met the guy up in jasper yesterday and drove the car. he insisted that he met you at the galaxy and you drove his car. I think he has had the car for five or six years so it could have been that long ago. the motor was in it when he bought it. he`s done a lot of stuff to it. I didn`t care to much for the power steering, couldn`t really get a feel for the road although it was nice for parking. it has a fan built into the rear deck that sucks out the heat and sends it out the rear scoop. the rear vents are blocked off.   
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 11:34:01 am »
I met the guy up in jasper yesterday and drove the car. he insisted that he met you at the galaxy and you drove his car...

Oh well. If you say so.
If you talk with him again, please tell him I said sorry about the bumper - if I scraped it.
(Does Galaxy have parking blocks?)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 03:08:37 pm »
Just curbs and the center walkway.  Maybe some stop blocks at the rear parking lot. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 05:34:15 pm »
I don`t know it just doesn`t sound like you to bump a fiero into something. I think he must have you mixed up with someone else.
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 10:00:16 pm »
I dunno. I drove my Silverado slap over a stop block, a couple of weeks ago, so it's not unprecedented.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2017, 10:42:19 pm »
I dunno. I drove my Silverado slap over a stop block, a couple of weeks ago, so it's not unprecedented.

A truck can take it. One time I drove my truck over a curb to get out of a parking lot when the proper way out was jammed with slow cars.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2017, 12:27:04 am »
A truck can take it.

True. But if you weren't planning on doing it, it still makes you feel like a doofus.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 04:18:19 pm »
in response to pgackerman what modern 4-banger producing 200 +hp and a lot less weight more room in the engine bay and better mileage would you suggest and how hard would the swap be?

My apologies for the late reply.  I've been out of internet...

The Ecotecs look like they can produce over 200HP as well as some of the Toyota 4-bangers.  The ideal would be a Subaru boxer. 
The Ecotec would probably be the easiest swap and the Subes would be the hardest; but that's just a guess.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class