Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Parts inventory  (Read 14907 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Parts inventory
« on: November 11, 2017, 11:21:17 pm »
Tomorrow, I'm going to organize and sort my Fiero parts.  I've lost track of parts I know I have, and need to consolidate the mess.  I have a 10'x13' room full of parts, a 13'x4' area full of parts, some parts in the basement, and a storage room (10'x7.5') with Fiero parts.  I'm hoping to consolidate to 1 area.  No telling what I'll find.  The sad thing is that I already removed 2 pickup truck loads, last year.

I need to make room for some stuff that will be arriving eventually.

In the room behind the Fiero stuff is my old computer stuff.  IIRC, 30-something desktops from the 8088 to some P4's, an old Sinclair, a bunch of LaserJet 4's, a photo printer, some 15” monitors, and some old servers.  And probably my bear rug.  And a collection of scratch'n'sniff books.  Maybe.  I suspect my old RC cars are in there, along with my old models and woodworking projects, and probably the leather-working tools.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Parts inventory
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 01:33:30 pm »
Not Fiero-related, but I found computer stuff from years ago.  My 8088 turbo system with an original handmade herc-mono graphics card, a 286 with 1Mb RAM (spider chips soldered piggy-back), a 386 SX, a 386 SLC, a 486 DX, a Socket 370 system, a Slot 1 system, a Zenith laptop, an old 386 laptop with TFT active-matric screen, a Cyrix 233 overclocked to 1Ghz, a P4 333 overclocked to 1Ghz, a P4 350 overclocked to 833 and my original 4 CPU system.  Oh, and an OS/2 system, a DesqView system, a ToyBox 4 system, an Amiga, a Wenden DOS system, a 4DOS system, a LINUX box with 7 flavors of LINUX VMs and 384Gb RAM, my 7Tb media server, and my BeOS system.

I also found my competition system that was runner-up that year, and my gaming system from the '90's.

I found my TFS clear parking lights, one set of stock amber parking lights, the Clifford system out of a Fiero, sans manuals.  I found the components for the dash I was going to build in a different Fiero.  I found a bunch of old radios and brake boosters.  I found several sets of GT tail lights, a THM125C transmission, 2 rear bumper covers, an F355 (I think) front bumper cover still in the package, some Indy Fiero emblems, and some small Fieros.  I found some steering racks from the pre-'88 Fieros, a front crossmember, 3 intermediate shafts, a steering column, 1 Fiero seat, some TFS glove boxes, some dew wipes, a bunch of headlight and power window motors, several sets of 2.8 exhaust manifolds, some cruise servos, and boxes of various sensors.  I found a set of NOS side markers, still in boxes.  I found 3 spare tire covers, and a jack.  I found a bunch of stuff from Russ' Interiors.

I found a crate 454 long block, still sealed up.  Oops.  And my Grandma's spinet piano, only slightly out of tune, although the bass is off.

I found some old John Wayne stuff with stuff written on it.  I found my felt vest from when I was 3.

I found 2 cabinets of old computer manuals, a cabinet of obsolete computer parts, and a cabinet of software.  I wonder if the 8”, 5.25”, and 3.5” floppy discs are still good.  I found an Orb drive and about 50 cartridges for it.  Unfortunately, those drives went bad years ago, so all the data on those 2Gb cartridges is lost.

I found my micro RC cars, a Nikko RC car, my stunt RC car, my RC tank, my RC Ford GTs, and some slot cars.  Oh, and an old electric train.  I found a cuckoo clock and a bunch of leather work.

I found a Marlin .22, a muzzle-loader, a Sharps 50, some old Winchesters and Henrys, my Mossberg, and my old Powermaster BB gun.  I found a Daisy, also, but never cared for it.  I found some over/under shotguns, and a side by side double barrel shotgun.  I found an OLD Navy 12-shot pistol that could probably be restored.  I found a cap and ball pistol with chambers for powder, balls, and caps.

I'm still missing the thumb nut screws for the decklid vents, several sets of decklid vents, at least one decklid, another set of amber parking lights. I'm trying to find any more GTRS emblems, including the HVAC surround and the glove box emblem.  I thought I had a set of quarter windows, but maybe not.

I still need to see what's in the storage unit.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:32:56 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 06:37:03 pm »
 ::) ::) ::)  Is this in a warehouse, rental storage units or a shipping container? 

Selling any of it?  How about those rack and pinions?  Are they any good.  I might be able to use one for my 86 to see if it cures the handling problem. 

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 06:42:12 pm »
I found some cool stuff:

You don't see one of those every day.

Forgot about that one.

It's a radio.

Really cool, if you've never played with one of these.

It might still fit.

Finally found the tire cover.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 06:46:43 pm »
::) ::) ::)  Is this in a warehouse, rental storage units or a shipping container? 

Selling any of it?  How about those rack and pinions?  Are they any good.  I might be able to use one for my 86 to see if it cures the handling problem.

This is all in my house, thus far.  Mainly in one room.

I'm willing to sell some of it.  Some is just cool stuff.  Some is probably junk.

I'm rebuilding the '88 rack to put back into my Fiero.  One of the local guys has been pestering me about a rack, and is supposed to come by tomorrow.  I don't know if they're good or not.  I suspect that all these racks need to be rebuilt.  After someone about an hour away got out of Fieros, I ended up with all his Fiero stuff.  Only, some of it isn't Fiero stuff.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 06:47:17 pm »
Lots of stuff.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 06:47:39 pm »
And some small cars:

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 06:47:53 pm »
Some printers:

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 06:49:31 pm »
You don't see chests like this, anymore:

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 06:51:28 pm »
I was thinking I may have some parts that would help one of the club cars.  These are used parts, but not in terrible condition.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 07:09:53 pm »
I found my Charles V sword!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 10:43:08 am »
I found a new dimmer switch!  And some coolant tube clamps, and the sunroof hardware with gasket and the tracks, and a coolant reservoir with cap and gasket, and a set of '88 front wheel bearings.

I found some bolts and covers for the tail lights, but I'm not sure if the bolts are for notchie or fastback.

This all started because the kids made a hole in one of the walls, and I need the paint code off the bucket lid.  The bucket is WAY back behind everything.

It's actually cool finding all this stuff.  I'm making a list, because my Fiero could use some of this stuff.

My friend is going to replace the 454 in his truck with this one, if he can get this one out of my basement.  There is a set of pulleys around here somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:18:44 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 06:35:04 pm »
Let us know if you come across Jimmy Hoffa. ::)
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 06:44:39 pm »
Unlikely.  He wasn't here when we moved in.  I'm afraid this all accumulated since then.  If Hoffa shows up, I'll know he was planted.  I suspect it, anyway.   ;)

When we moved here, we had ”help” unloading.  Lots of things vanished.  It might help if we unboxed everything.  I guess we haven't needed those things.  Some of my clothes are wearing out, so I've been slowly opening up boxes of clothes.

I was sick a lot, the last few years, so my energy has mostly been spent on other things, but I don't want my wife to have to clean this up later
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:34:42 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 03:40:09 pm »
Well, I completed my parts inventory, I think.

I found a bunch more Indy parts.  I found a new heater core I'd lost.  I can't find the rest of my flip nuts.