Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Snakes in a Fiero  (Read 14167 times)

HarryT

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Snakes in a Fiero
« on: November 10, 2017, 02:46:40 am »
How would a 6' snake with a diameter of a couple of inchs get into a Fiero?  When I opened the door there was a shed skin on the floor and under the seat.  He used the seat springs to remove the skin and then left the way he came in, I guess.  With a short look under and around I could see no openings in the floor.  I don't mind him coming in to get out of the weather but I wonder where his port of entry was.
Harry
87  Black GT (The Little Black Car)
2009 Honda CR-V
X 2002  40' Allegro Bus X Traded
2008 Thor Four Winds Siesta 25SA
Retired Mechanic

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Fiero
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 05:31:28 am »
It's be difficult for a snake that size to come in through the air vent.  You could seal all but a window crack, and use the hose on a vacuum.  Seal off the air vent by the gas pedal.  See where the air comes in.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 07:45:22 am »
The cowl drain hoses are probably the path.  Look in the front compartment toward either end of the cowl and you can see the large hoses.  Mice use them and it might be that the snake followed the scent, leading up into the cowl, then in through the heater duct work.  There's an opening just above and right of the accelerator pedal that would allow access into the cabin. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 08:58:35 am »
Leigh-Ann just said who cares how he got in, "SELL THE CAR NOW!"......

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 09:07:35 am »
Look at it this way.  The snake is gone, and probably took the varmint with it.  Also, that passageway is certainly not blocked.  This is why you should always check a car before entering.  At least with a Fiero, there is no back seat for bad guys to hide in.  If they want to hide in the trunk, well, that problem would solve itself, but they'd need to be removed before they started to smell and leak.

Yeah, a raccoon got into my sister's new Volvo SUV, so I'm not sure what'd be better.