Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Upcoming Club Events--Need Participants  (Read 15090 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Upcoming Club Events--Need Participants
« on: January 29, 2018, 10:24:42 pm »
At the January meeting, Sarge suggested that we attend the Dublin St. Patrick's Day parade again this year.  The requirement for the club to participate would be a minimum of 5 to 6 cars solidly committed to enter the parade.  The parade will be held on Saturday, March 17.  The parade kicks off at 10:30, but they require us to be in our staging area by 9 AM. 

I know that for some of our members and lurkers that Dublin is 3 or more hours away.  If we can't drive 3 or 4 hours to an event, why should we continue with RFTH and expect people to drive for a full day or more?  Just my thoughts on the subject.

NE Georgia has some shortcuts that avoids the Atlanta interstates.  US 441 runs right through Dublin and can be picked up along I-985 or I-85 in Northeast Georgia.  Georgia Hwy 53 also intersects US 441. 

We will also need two young people to carry the club banner. 

PGAckerman recently told us of a classic automobile museum in Toccoa and he and I met the owners of an antique car museum in Athens.  If there is enough interest, I can set up a tour of both.  Hit the one in Toccoa in the morning, have lunch, then the Athens museum in the afternoon.  You can drive the Lead Sled, Soccer Van, or Dump Truck and bring the family.  Fiero not required. 

What say?  Any interest? 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Club Events--Need Participants
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 08:51:11 am »
Pat Usually Drives To Dublin The Night Before The Parade.
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 10:21:16 am »

PGAckerman recently told us of a classic automobile museum in Toccoa and he and I met the owners of an antique car museum in Athens.  If there is enough interest, I can set up a tour of both.  Hit the one in Toccoa in the morning, have lunch, then the Athens museum in the afternoon.  You can drive the Lead Sled, Soccer Van, or Dump Truck and bring the family.  Fiero not required. 

What say?  Any interest?

I'm interested.  Especially in the Athens museum. 

Plan on attending the Dublin parade; but that's over 6 weeks away and a firm commitment will have to wait until March.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 08:35:30 pm »
I plan to attend the parade (in my Fiero) ;D, the museums sound like a good time also

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 09:31:55 pm »
Your Fiero is back on the road?

Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 11:10:47 am »
It is.  but it is best viewed from several feet away, I'll drive it on the 10th if y'all promise not to get too close,

It still needs a lot of work before I'll be satisfied with it who knows maybe I'll never finish it, but I would rather drive it and fix things a little at a time than wait till I'm totally done I've had several friends never finish a project because they became disinterested in it while it sat waiting to get it perfect and never getting on the road and then end up selling it off for parts.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 12:20:58 pm »
Well, it would look much better with a higher resolution picture, but I ran into the same issue when posting attachments.  I promise not to get too close to your Fiero this Saturday.

Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 11:05:03 am »
unfortunately the GFC will not participate in the Parade this year,

we are looking into either a cruise or work day on a club car

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 12:53:18 pm »
It is.  but it is best viewed from several feet away, I'll drive it on the 10th if y'all promise not to get too close,

It still needs a lot of work before I'll be satisfied with it who knows maybe I'll never finish it, but I would rather drive it and fix things a little at a time than wait till I'm totally done I've had several friends never finish a project because they became disinterested in it while it sat waiting to get it perfect and never getting on the road and then end up selling it off for parts.
What color is that?  I want to paint one of mine the same.
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 09:57:52 pm »
Could I make a suggestion for replacing the St. Patrick's Parade this year?

If we don't get the fastback up and running at the next meeting, then we return on the 17th and finish it off.  If we do get it running on the 10th, then we either do our own rehash of the Polar Bear Run, or we do the two car museums. 

We have a copy of the Polar Bear Run route sheet with the destination being Dahlonega.  We could all have lunch at the Smith House when we get there. 

If we do the two car museums, I will need ample notice to make the arrangements. 

Sarge, what are your official orders, Sir!?
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 11:14:40 am »
f85gtron,
that would be Ford code B1 AKA School Bus Yellow it came on the 2013 Mustang

Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 11:29:41 am »
If we get the club car up and running I'm in favor of a re-run of the Polar Bear Run, my thoughts on the museums would be to hold off until The Don Hulse Spring Cruise that way we can plan and prepare for that day a little more completely.... but we are a club so I'm open to suggestions from others :)