Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: The Walter Mitty  (Read 14497 times)

GTXVette

• View Profile
The Walter Mitty
« on: April 19, 2018, 09:20:07 am »
 This is An Event, Included are antique Cars antique Race Cars, Modern cars
, also Thousands of People with One Thing on there Minds, SPORTS CARS. The Fiero is a Sports cars,  I Feel we as A Club Should be there ALL Week end to Promote our Club, The RFTH And a Dozen other EVENTS that WE as A Club Participate In.  IF THERE IS ANY ONE CLUB PROMOTING CARS, EVERYONE  HERE IS A CLOSET WALTER MITTY.

Mr. Hulse was a Advocate of our Cars And It Seems to Me The HULSE Should be as Much to Promote our Cars and Club and the 'Cruise" can be to the Mitty. Where we can Be around THOUSANDS of Like Minded People . Grassroots Will Get a Space( Corral) for Our Club and we Can Promote the Club and cars.  If we do not Go as a Club WE Are Missing a Huge Oppertunity.

APRIL 27-29
I hope Ya'll can read past my wandering mind. but I find this a reason Why we are not a Larger Club, as In Going for a Ride to the Mountains instead of Auto Shows and EVENTS  We Need to Promote the Club!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:46:08 am by GTXVette »

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: The Walter Mitty
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 08:35:15 pm »

The Mitty is suppose to be a great show. 
And I agree it would be great if the club could show up enmass.

But there are logistics issues. 
Did you know Georgia is the largest state east of the Mississippi River?
That I'd be in my Fiero over 5 hours if I came to the Mitty?
Or that there's a $35 fee and most Fiero owners are frugal?

Yes, "If we do not Go as a Club WE Are Missing a Huge Oppertunity". 

But it's still out of the question for me; especially when I can show off my car locally at Coffee & Cars, Sno-Cap drive-in, and the Harlem Car Show.  There's something to be said for having Fieros appear at multiple places, rather than enmass.

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:57:14 pm »
Wow!  In comparing locations of members, I realized there was a lot of space, but I never really thought of Georgia as a big state.  You're barely in GA.

Several times, I've been to car shows at Iron Gate Motor Condos.  There are hundreds of cars there, everything from the exotic to the mundane.  Usually 30 or so Fieros show up, mostly in a row, like this:

There was foot traffic, but I don't know if they were looking at the Fieros or not.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 03:51:19 pm by GTRS Fiero »

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 07:07:40 am »
Cool picture.

Where is Iron Gate Motor Condos?
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 07:28:53 am »

Yea your Right,  I can't Stand Sitting around Talking about my Passions, I don't have to Talk to Anybody about My Car If I'm Going the Other way At 70 MPH.    Then when they Say 'OOH what was that'  you can laff and say 'Figure it out I Did'.

A Phone Call Might get a Price correction as a Group. I Have A 10 man Tent and 35 cup Coffee Maker, Come on Saturday Morning and Stay The night, They Have Showers I Think.
   You may be 5 Hours out But 3-4 Live only Minuets Away .I'm a long 45 min. across the Woods if you don't want to Camp.
    I wasn't really going to Camp Because Two Day's is more money than I have But Peter Robs Paul, And Right Now THIS CLUB Needs A Kick Start, I under Stand Ya'll that are my Age and Older Having Trouble Getting it up for This , But WTF else are we Gonna Do.
   I'm Tired Of Being Tired So I'm Gettin' Busy.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 08:22:25 am »
Cool picture.

Where is Iron Gate Motor Condos?

Naperville, IL.

That isn't my pic, but it is cool.