Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Under the knife  (Read 18662 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Under the knife
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 09:31:17 am »
This Is How They Do A Stress Test On Me.
With The Injection Because I Can Not Use The Tread Mill.   

You aren't missing much.  My problem with the treadmill is that it's too short.  It's hard not to step off the back or the front.  Obviously, it was designed for "power walkers"--not runners.  Then they put you on the fan.  Both are basically expending effort on foolishness, IMHO.  I offered to push my truck up an incline, but they wouldn't allow that.

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 11:09:14 am »
Like Granny Linda I get a shot to make the heart rate get high enough.  My problem is my legs had operations on arterys in left leg and sometimes they tighten up.  When they give me the shot while I am on the treadmill I can usually taste it.  Not a bad taste but you know when they've done it

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 12:59:55 pm »
For me to hit target heart rate, they cranked up the angle and I walked for 20 - 30 minutes. I didnt have any problems with the stress test. No pain in chest. They thought I only needed a stint . When they got me on the table for the heart cath, they found that I needed more than that, so here I sit in the hospital waiting til monday morning. I would like to thank everyone for your support and kind words.
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 01:52:47 pm »
At least the fact that they are waiting till Monday sort of means that it probably isnt a major problem or else you would find yourself in a operating room now.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: (out from) Under the knife
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 05:59:04 pm »
So, how'd it go?  All good?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 07:19:41 pm »
Surgery was this afternoon.  I just spoke with Susan and Ron is out of surgery and off the heart machine, recovering in ICU.  Everything went well.  They had identified 3 blockages before surgery but found 5 during surgery and all have been repaired.  Susan said that she would be able to go in to see him in about an hour.  From experience, I can say that he may not be lucid if he's even awake that early, but she will update us as things progress.

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 07:43:43 pm »
Good news.  I wonder if they borrowed blood vessels from his leg.

Yeah even if he does talk, he probably won't remember it, later.

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 10:41:09 am »
I would think that they probably when the stint route.  They usually do that first.  To replace the atery it has to be real bad blockage.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 01:08:14 pm »
Before surgery they knew one blockage was 100%.  I just got off the phone with Susan and he is alert and talking, though he still has tubes in him.  They said that if he continues to progress, he should be moved out of ICU this afternoon. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 10:05:55 pm »
Well, good news, except the tubes part.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 05:54:42 am »
She posted on FB. Ron was moved out of ICU four hours early. He was up and sitting in the chair for a while. :)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 07:44:55 am »
He will be taking his first lap around the floor today.  IV pole and fluids are gone and the catheter is removed.  He's expected to sit in the chair all day and will be getting a bath or shower.  He only has a drainage tube to remove the fluids from his chest area. Susan says he gets a little dizzy when he stands but the docs say that's normal. 

He's at Huntsville Hospital, Room 663.  If you plan to call, I'd suggest you give him a day, at least.   

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 08:23:17 am »
Progress.  Chest tubes are gone.  When I had my operations, I seem to recall that the removal of those tubes was the most painful of all. 

Dang, Ron, are you going to be helpling us work on the Formula Fastback this weekend? 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 08:46:11 pm »
Hoping for a speedy recovery.  I guess now I know why Ron sortof faded a bit toward the end of last year.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 08:58:47 pm »
He made 2 half laps and 1 full lap around the floor today and Susan said he was going to try for 2 more full laps before bed time. 

Edit
Ron just called and he's doing very well.  Hoarse from having had those tubes down his throat and obviously sore.  Said he didn't think he'd make those two late-nite laps tonight and probably wouldn't make the workshop on Saturday, either.  Doctor and nurse came in, so the conversation had to be cut short.  He's doing great.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:25:24 pm by Fierofool »