Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 85 GT solid car!  (Read 14818 times)

tinman

• View Profile
85 GT solid car!
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:04:20 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/164663227553975

Here is the link to my 85 GT. I was trying to post it here first but I couldn't get any pics to post.

It has been a while since I've made it to any runs or meetings but some of you know this car. I really need to make the space for my very first vehicle that I owned that I recently re-acquired, my '74 CJ 5. The jeep needs to be restored and the GT is taking up the space and funds that I need for the project. 

Im asking $5200 for it but I would happily take $4500 from any Fiero club folks. I would love to see it go to a good home. I'm near Dahlonega but I would be happy to meet wherever necessary for some one to view it and drive it. Message me or call or text me at 706-892-8166 if you have any questions or want more photos.

Thank you all!

Steve

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: 85 GT solid car!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 07:23:48 pm »
Steve, LTNS!!
That's still a beautiful car.
For any of the newer club members who have never seen this car, it is very much a time capsule.
You will be hard pressed to find another Fiero (especially an 85 GT) that is this nice.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 10:33:59 pm »
I can verify that a previous owner also kept it in the garage.  I saw the car parked in a shopping center parking lot back around '05 or '06 while up in North Georgia and turned around to place a club business card on it.  The car is still as beautiful as it was then.

An older gentleman was sitting in the car reading while waiting for his wife to do her shopping.  Talked with him for a good half hour.  Correct me if I'm wrong Steve, but the older man was the original owner and he passed it down to a relative as his time was near the end, or did you purchase it from the older gentleman.   
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 10:59:20 pm »
The fellow you chatted with in the parking lot was Rich. He is the man I bought the car from. He bought it from the original owner in Wisconsin in 1990 with about 34k miles on it then. I bought the car from Rich about a year before he passed away as he was selling off the items that he knew his wife didn't want to deal with when he was gone.

Rich was a good man. He had quite a history as a Johnson Outboard mechanic, and he was one of those original, crazy, high speed boat racers from the late '60's and early 70's. He sure had some stories.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 07:18:57 am »

How do you keep your '85 looking so good? 

Any Fiero-care tips?

Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 11:43:07 am »

How do you keep your '85 looking so good? 

Any Fiero-care tips?

I bought it 10 years ago with 76k miles on it, it has 81.5k right now. It doesn't get out much. I don't want it to rot!

I may be interested in a partial trade for certain items: motorcycles, guns, guitars, ... etc.

tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 07:12:40 pm »
Well that didn't take long.
The car is sold to a fellow in Carnesville. I mentioned numerous times that he needs to get in touch with the GA Fiero Club. Hopefully he will!

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 07:54:52 pm »
Very cool! Congrats on your sale. I hope he contacts us.

Take care, Steve!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 09:10:59 pm »
Steve (tinman) see if he will share his email with us and we'll send him the monthly newsletter.

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 10:17:45 pm »
The new owner of this 85GT has made contact with us and registered on our forum.  Welcome Budgetman72. 

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 05:43:05 am »
Excellent! Welcome, indeed!