Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: THREADS ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING  (Read 92877 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: THREADS ABOUT A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2018, 06:25:46 pm »
Today, we had the bright idea to dispose of a vehicle by running if off a bluff.  No scam or anything.  More like getting even with the vehicle.  It had apparently been in a flood at some point.  It had various electrical issues no one can seem to fix.  We picked an abandoned bluff.  No danger of fire.  The river was at the bottom of the bluff.  We had the flatbed truck ready.  The  truck came flying over the rim of the cliff.  The windshield did not break, but the side windows did.  We watched as the truck ran out onto the river, where it proceeded down the ice.  It vanished down the river, bouncing off various things.  It's hard to go quickly along the bank.  We caught up with it, eventually, but it was way out in the river.  The temps were above 50 for 2 days, although it's 14 today, so the ice is an iffy thing.  No snowmobiles, but we caught it with an ATV.  We riddled the truck with enough holes that it stopped running.  We ran a bunch of cable and winched the truck back to the shore, but can't get it out of the gorge.  If the temp holds, we'll tow the truck to a low area.

For anyone else that tries this, wait until it's warm outside, and make sure the engine stops running as soon is the vehicle goes over the edge.  Chasing a vehicle that is running 40MPH and steering itself is...idiotic.  The steering wheel was locked straight when it left the bluff, but after it landed, not so much.  If we'd have been lucky, it'd have flipped over, but we weren't that lucky.  We didn't want it to cause anyone harm.  Instead, it ran through driftwood, crashed through various gravel and dirt bars, hit the bank, made U turns, and generally would have been funny to watch someone else chase.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2018, 10:14:44 pm »
Litterbug
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2018, 10:30:19 pm »
If anyone finds it, they can complain then.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2018, 11:01:46 pm »
"Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope under that garbage." - Arlo Guthrie

Roger

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2018, 08:04:32 am »
I cut my foot on broken glass. Now I know who to sue. ;D

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2018, 08:23:26 am »
Unlikely.  We put a sheet of that stuff that holds the glass in place on each window.  All we'd have to do is show that no glass was missing.  We didn't want to have to clean that up.  The headlights, side mirrors, and tail lights were sold, along with a few other items, like the nice tires and wheels.

Roger

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2018, 07:27:57 pm »
That kind of consideration is very rare these days! Thank you!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2018, 07:38:00 pm »
I'm afraid it was pure laziness.  I don't like to create work for myself.

The truck fell through the ice.  It didn't go anywhere, but it just got more difficult to retrieve.  If it thaws more, we'll raft it out.

For anyone who tries this in the future, just let people pay $1 to take 5 hits with a sledgehammer.

Roger

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2018, 08:24:47 am »
Funny you should say that. I had a housemate that had a toyota truck that had cause him 1 too many headaches and he threw a party where we did just that in the driveway. About 20 people were relieved of stress that afternoon. It was about 3 feet high by the time we were finished.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2018, 07:43:14 pm »
My kids and I have been playing Beach Buggy, which is a racing game, where you can shoot and otherwise sabotage the other racers.  It's a cartoon, so nothing really bad happens, except that the victim driver is ejected from their vehicle in a most undignified fashion.

The kids also tried out some combat flight simulator, where there were fairly complete controls, with the scrool wheel selecting weapons, and the red button on the stick firing them.

Today, I hauled a few crates of stuff with a 10-wheeler.  Not my favorite vehicle to drive, but it is what it is.  Anyway, I took my son with me.  This one is a 16-speed on the floor, with a 2-speed rear end, controlled by a button on the shift lever.  I'm not good with the 2-speed rear end, but get through the first 8 gears, just fine.  We did a lot of city driving, and my son was having fun, bouncing along.  The truck was carrying about 14 tons, so it's going nowhere fast, but there was someone in front of me holding me up, and not maintaining a constant speed.  I really needed to get where I was going, so I kept watching the clock on the dash.  Eventually, my son asked why I didn't just push the "missile" button to get them out of the way.  It was funny, when I thought he was joking.  Then, I realized what he meant.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2018, 07:04:48 pm »
The odor has been eliminated, the ghosts, ghouls and goblins are gone, the boogey man was run off, and Jimmy Hoffa is not here.  We eradicated all bugs, critters, varmints, and vermin.  The rodents were all sent to wheelhouses.  We rounded up the 3 pigs in a poke, the squeaky wheel, and fingernails on the chalkboard.  The rubber duckie was extradited.

The search continues for 2 peas in a pod, but it should be safe to post now.

Robs Fieros

• President of the East Tennessee Fiero Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2018, 06:43:29 am »
I got my staples taken out of my leg yesterday and ordered my fake leg and I am going to go get it fitted on the 29th of this month, that way I can be trained to walk on it and then use my clutch on my Fiero, and start driving it again.
President of East Tennessee Fiero Club

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2018, 07:14:28 am »
Glad to hear this.  You should post that update in the other thread.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2018, 07:04:39 pm »
Lake Eufaula:

This picture doesn't begin to do the lake justice.
Very low rates for rooms here.

And for TopNotch:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:55:25 pm by GTRS Fiero »

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2018, 08:14:20 pm »
Where is that, and did they get permission to use the (copyrighted) Georgia Tech yellow jacket?
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.