Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Do you think that Georgia Fiero Club needs more exposure?  (Read 17324 times)

88_4mula

Do you think that Georgia Fiero Club needs more exposure?
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:54:09 pm »
Don, Since you are the President & a computer guy.
Why don't we put together a Facebook Page?
I have a lot of friends I have never met but talk to on facebook that are Fiero people.
It would help with the exposure to the club and help promote the Run For The Hill event.

Use the home page of the web site, links, events, members, ect...copy them to Facebook.
Copy over the pictures of the event we have done.

What do ya'll think?

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think that Georgia Fiero Club needs more exposure?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:01:42 pm »
As a former marketing/PR guy, I believe that because we are a 'very limited audience', that we would be much more effective going after that audience, than trying to get them to come to us.

Kinda like aiming a shotgun vs. a rifle at the 3 lions hiding amongst the 200 gazelles.

My feeling is that IF we really want to increase our MEMBERSHIP, we need to consider several possibilities:

- Specifically targeting Fiero owners / admirers. I wonder if it's possible to buy a mailing list of registered Fiero owners within a certain number of miles?  Or getting one of the Fiero parts/accessories, etc. specialty shops to drop our logo and URL into one of their coupon or newsletter mailings?

- Consider (oh, boy, here we go again) opening our membership and event participation to non-Fieroans (Fieroists? Fieroers?) other Pontiac owners, Sky, orphan car clubs, et al.

- Expanding our geographic area.  Meh; runs the risk of encroaching on other clubs' territories, and makes event / meeting planning more complex.

Now, if we just want to increase the amount of EXPOSURE for our existing club to the gen pop, then we need to consider participating in more public events (charity fundraisers, Caffeine & Octane, parades, etc.) and maybe have a FaceBook page.

On a totally personal note, I HATE social media; but I also acknowledge that it is the wave of the future. I refused to use ATMs when they first came out, and we won't even talk about my struggles in accepting fuel-injectors and indoor plumbin'.

FGTB
Luddite who makes a living in I.T.  Go figure.

Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

88_4mula

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:45:37 pm »
Exactly, and with Facebook it's free..... & free is good.

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 05:06:22 pm »
Should be up and running by tomorrow night. Still messing with electrical issues on Anne's new 85 GT Coupe rebody.

\D
Life is good!

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 05:10:10 pm »
Should be up and running by tomorrow night. Still messing with electrical issues on Anne's new 85 GT Coupe rebody.

\D

New 85 Coupe Rebody?  Pics?

FGTB

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 05:15:50 pm »

FGTB

Soon. But it will look exactly like the 84 Duke, so nothing new except everything "under" the hood ;D

\D

Oh, and some 18 inch chromes with 245 low profiles ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:18:33 pm by Donster »
Life is good!

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 08:15:39 pm »

FGTB

Soon. But it will look exactly like the 84 Duke, so nothing new except everything "under" the hood ;D

\D

Oh, and some 18 inch chromes with 245 low profiles ;D

Ah, I guess when I hear the term "rebody," I immediately think of kit cars, or Joan Rivers.

FGTB

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 10:00:30 am »
If we allow other other Pontiacs to join we will No Longer be The Georgia Fiero Club. 
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 11:37:34 am »
I have repeatedly invited the Solstice/Sky club to join with us and we approached them to consider a merger of sorts.  They didn't even offer a reply.  The GTO's, Trans Ams, and probably other Pontiacs all have their own clubs and there are broad-base Pontiac clubs, like Smoky Mountain Pontiacs that invited all Pontiacs.  The Kappa Club seems to be having its own problems in getting their own people to participate.  Last time I checked their website, it was essentially dead.  They also get mad at us when we run off and leave them during a run. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 02:27:41 am »
FGTB
Luddite who makes a living in I.T.  Go figure.

Don't feel too rained on.

The phone I have now makes and receives phone calls and text messages. Doesn't even have a camera.

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 12:43:12 pm »
I think facebook is a good idea.  The acfa (atlanta camaro and firebird association) was having issues and was discussing expanding to add other cars.  GTO was discussed and poopooed.  New gto shared the LS1.  Then when I mentioned the fieros as I had one... would not even have to change the name.. no they said.  Stupid as they share so much with 3rd gens part wise.  I have a 2.8 now 3.4 firebird.  ... but then it came up that 3 members had vettes. So now adding vettes was ok.  They actually considered going away from camaros.  Making it firebird and corvette.  That was my last meeting.  Lol..

Poop on my 3.4 bird and fiero... im done!

Anyway they have a facebook page.  I think its a good idea.  Also hosting a carshow.  Its a pain though but could help exposure.  Im trying to get mine show worthy... more shows we participate at is better exposure.  Year one cruises, atlanta motor Speedway drags show and shine, summit Monday night cruises.  If we make an effort to make a club showing that will help.  Maybe have some cheap business card so when folks ask about
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 12:46:23 pm »
Ok and the talk about technology... im replying from my phone and it refused to let me finish...

As I was saying....

Folks ask about fieros we can give them a card with the site info and general meeting info.  I could given out tons at the one show my little guy went to.
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve