Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Well, it happens today  (Read 16133 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Well, it happens today
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 07:00:21 pm »
We may be AZZ-uming the wrong procedure.  If it was routing inspection, no shaving necessary.  BUTT, on the other hand, if it was a repair job, it would be required.

Ha, ha, ha.

My doctor recommended this.  He said I'm over the hill.  In that case, I'd like to get far away.  I've been throwing up all day.  Basically dry heaves.  I'm exhausted.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 11:48:45 am »
...I've been throwing up all day.  Basically dry heaves.  I'm exhausted.

Okay. That's not a normal side-effect, unless you don't get along well with the anesthetic. Some surgical anesthetics will make you nauseated, but I've never experienced it for this. (We are talking colonoscopy... right?)

If you're still having dry heaves, at this point, I might be inclined to call someone. (Doctor's answering service, maybe?)
Have you eaten anything?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 12:11:45 pm »
Yes.  Not normal.  After my colonoscopy, they told me I could eat normally, but to be sure I drank plenty of fluids to prevent constipation and dehydration.  Call your doctor. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 12:42:51 pm »
Yeah, a colonoscopy.

I had blood in my stool.  Went to hospital.  Doc came by, asked what happened.  I told him.  He asked if I'd done the starvation routine.  I asked him if he had had one of these things he recommended for me.  He said yes.  I asked him if he did the starvation routine.  He said yes.  I said I did, too.  He said, ”I told you no more of that.”  What the heck?   He recommended the procedure, knowing about the starvation thing!  How was I supposed to do the procedure without the starvation?  Certainly without starvation would've been my preference.

Anyway, apparently there was a burr on the scope, so they tore something inside me.  They pumped my stomach.  See, the flow is backwards?  I'm allergic to the anesthetic, as shown on my chart.  They ignored the chart.  So, I went in with no problem, came out malnourished, suffering from an allergic reaction they caused, and with a cut in my intestine from their equipment.  Apparently, I'm not the first to be cut by the burr.  I called one of my clients (lawyer).  The terms ”malpractice”, ”negligence”, and ”class action” come to mind.  They put me on an IV and ran 2 bags into me, gave me a prescription, and told me I need to get sewn back up inside.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2017, 12:48:39 pm »
I have only about 1/3 of my colon. 

Look at it this way:  You have the good third.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 11:32:06 am »
...The terms ”malpractice”, ”negligence”, and ”class action” come to mind.  They put me on an IV and ran 2 bags into me, gave me a prescription, and told me I need to get sewn back up inside.

I was afraid of that.

Avoid "class action". You get to share any proceeds with anyone else involved. The only people who get anything meaningful are the lawyers.

Best of luck. Hope you heal quickly.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 12:50:12 pm »
The lawyer (client) works at no cost to me.  Sortof a job perk.  The lawyers are salaried, in that they get paid for cases they win.  Separately, they're on annual salary as prosecutors.

Oh, and I usually do heal quickly.  The only scars that haven't healed were 2 chicken pox on my face. My nearly severed limb shows no external evidence of injury, and even on scans, barely shows.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:52:22 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 08:19:45 am »
Going for a scan tomorrow, to see what needs to be done.  I feel better, and no more blood.

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2017, 12:49:38 pm »
Best wishes for you.

The doc that did mine screwed up. Big time. 4 days in the hospital. Had to go back in after 3 days out. They removed a 'substance of unknown composition'. Really? Almost died in ICU. In the hospital for 28 days. Home for a week and had to go back to him for severe pain. He said 'normal healing process'. My wife said infection. He hesitantly took a look and found a rather large infection. Bedridden for 6 weeks. Lost my job because of this quack and can't find a lawyer to do anything. Been messed up ever since. I should have been back at my job and happy after 4 weeks from the start.

I sure hope you have better fortune.

I think they get paid way too much for something they call a 'practice'.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:52:04 pm by Roger »
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 01:04:18 pm »
Why do you think they call it 'practice'?  We're guinea pigs.

I'm sorry for your misfortune.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:06:27 pm by GTRS Fiero »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 08:19:51 pm »
Clean bill!  No surgery.  They checked several times, and I'm healed up.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 09:12:26 pm »
Excellent! I'm happy to hear that.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 09:17:06 pm »
I'm glad, too.  I don't like surgery.  No more horse-pills, either.