Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: In perspective  (Read 13726 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
In perspective
« on: June 29, 2020, 07:04:18 pm »
A cowboy, who had just moved to Wyoming ftom Texas, walked into a bar, where he ordered three mugs of Bud.  He then sat in the back of the room, where he drank a sip from each mug in turn.  When he finished them, the cowboy went back to the bar, where he ordered three more.

The bartender approached, and told the cowboy, "You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it.  It would taste better if you bought one at a time..."

The corboy replied, "Well, you see, I have two brothers.  One is an Airborne Ranger, and the other is a Navy Seal.  Both are serving overseas.  When we left home in Texas, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together.  So, I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers, and one for myself."

The bartender admitted that this was a nice custom, and left it there.

Over time, the cowboy became a regular in the bar, and his custom became known.  One day, the cowboy came into the bar, but only ordered two mugs.  As this was noticed, all the regulars fell silent.

When the cowboy came back to the bar for a second round, the bartender offered, "I donxt want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences for your loss."

The cowboy looked quite puzzled for a moment, then a light slowly dawned, and he laughed.  "Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explained.  "It's just that my wife and I joined a Baptist Church, and I had to quit drinking.  Hasn't affected my brothers, though..."   :)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: In perspective
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 07:20:29 pm »
Good one.  I'll have to find a reason to use his method and logic. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers