Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Need speakers ?  (Read 16466 times)

Rat Pee 86

Need speakers ?
« on: August 25, 2009, 12:37:58 pm »
Hey y'all,

I was in need of a reasonably priced pair of dash speakers (4x10's) and I thought I'd check out that "Superstore" temporary sale thingy that is in the former Circuit City store on Sattelite Blvd near in Gwinnett. Well, the car stereo section had a choice of about 7 different brands, 6 were between $25 - $40/pair, 1 "brand " name Kenwood KFC415c's @ $95/ pair (not a deal, there).

I bought a pair of 3-way's @ $30, sound ok.  If anyone wants to get in, I got a free pass coupon as I left (normally $5 admission)---if they are still there currently.

See Ya  !

Tom Ott
Rat Pee 86
(770) 885-6036

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
Re: Need speakers ?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 03:47:36 pm »
I don't think anyone is making 4x10s any more. I needed one for one of my brother's Satelites & had a hard time finding it. Someone should go down there & buy all of those speakers! If I haden't been out of work due to back problems, I would. I'll probably need at least one set before I'm through, & my helper will need at least one set.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

You braggin' or complainin'?

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 04:17:08 pm »
I found some 4x10's at AutoZone a couple of years ago, and put them in my 86 SE. They've been pretty good speakers. I haven't checked AutoZone lately to see if they still have them, though. I'm not sure they have any speakers at all now, because they changed that part of the store around a bit.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 04:31:24 pm »
I GOT SOME FOR BOTH CARS NOT TO LONG AGO FROM J C WHITNEYS HAVEN'T PUT THEM IN YET BUT THEY LOOK GOOD
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 10:01:03 pm »
You can get 4x10's at Radio Shack.  Audiobahn, Pioneer, Kenwood, Kicker and a whole bunch are still making them.  I believe you can find them at Crutchfield.com

The Fiero Store was selling them, too, except the ones for the B Pillars that I bought wouldn't fit because the magnets were too large.  So, I went to Radio Shack and got them.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Rat Pee 86

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 06:00:55 am »
Yeppers

You can find just about ANYTHING on the internet, but sometimes it's satisfyin' to pick something up at a store, the good 'ole fashioned way. I recently noticed some 4 x 10's for sale at Pep Boys, $15.00/ speaker, but they are pretty basic speakers, not 2 way, or anything. AutoZone has similar speakers.

Rat Pee 86

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 07:32:15 pm »
Need another 4x10 asap. Last time I tried, no one had any locally (I bought the last three they had at a stereo store in Athens). Radio Shack couldn't get them; ditto with all the parts stores I tried. Anyone have a good one they'd sell?
TIA,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 11:10:52 pm »
I have 1 JBL 2-way rated at 80 watts.  I believe it will need to be installed on the passenger side because of the large magnet.  The metal bar underneath the drivers' speaker interferes, I believe.  Anyway, it came from a Fiero.

$10
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 11:47:37 pm »
I have 1 JBL 2-way rated at 80 watts.  I believe it will need to be installed on the passenger side because of the large magnet.  The metal bar underneath the drivers' speaker interferes, I believe.  Anyway, it came from a Fiero.

$10
Done. Going in the Hang 10 Dart so I think it'll fit. ;)
Can you email me your phone #? I know I have it around here somewhere....  ::)
ImThaDriver at yahoo.
I'll come pick it up at your convenience. (as long as it's not too early in the day  ;D )
Thanks,
Paul

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 02:11:37 am »
i bought a set of 4x10 speakers from jc whitney a while back and put them in my 85gt and they sound pretty good. the brand is pyramid 3-way speakers. 150 watts each, woofer with 50oz magnet,2" midrange, 1" tweeter, 4-ohm inpedance, 80-16000 hz. the mount holes match the fiero. price $ 37.99 as i said they sound good. still show available in the latest catalog.
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite