Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: a hard lesson learned  (Read 15633 times)

GMguy1987

• View Profile
a hard lesson learned
« on: November 10, 2009, 11:13:01 pm »
Here are a few pics of my 87 GT both before and after I smashed it up last Feb. I still wanna cry looking at these. Don't drink and drive kids. She's coming back together slowly as I get the time. Should be ready for paint in the next month or so! Special thanks to RobsFieros for the parts and advice! I was flying around a curve at about 70 or so and spun out. Rear end of the car hit a tree at full force and the car ended up in a ditch. Still running!!  I literally cut the car in half. The right rear of the frame was bent so bad I just cut off the whole rear clip off the car right behind the passenger compartment and welded another in off of another car. as well as the cradle assembly, all the engine mounts, exhaust, etc. I measured everything a million times over and ground all the welds smooth and repainted the entire engine compartment with black epoxy paint. When I am finished it will be as if it never happened. I probably spent more than the car was worth but I loved it so much I couldn't stand to junk it. And thank God the title is still good! Never turned it into insurance.
Jeremy

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: a hard lesson learned
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 12:21:57 am »
Glad you're ok, Jeremy.  It's great that it's the car that's having to be rebuilt, and not you.  Alcohol in a car makes it go fast.  In the driver makes it dangerous.  By your comments, it looks like you did learn a valuable lesson. 

BTW, the pics aren't showing up for a few of us.  Post a link to photobucket or something.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 07:52:52 am »
Let me help him out...

Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

GMguy1987

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 11:44:14 am »
thanks guys! I'm still new to posting pics on here. I'll have more pictures soon.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 03:04:22 pm »
In some instances when the pictures are and some can see them and some can't.  Just depends on the program used and our computers.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 04:48:35 pm »
It probably depends on where the pictures are hosted. For example, if you have AT&T internet service, and you host the pictures on an AT&T site that was provided with your service, other AT&T users may be able to see the pictures, but those using a rival service provider may not be able to. It's best to host pictures on a generic host, such as one of the photo hosting providers like PhotoBucket or the Ga Fiero host. I'm still trying to figure out an easy way for folks to upload pics to this host.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 01:16:42 pm »
Hey, Jeremy. I appreciate the support for my poor wreck. If I had the expertise to rebuild my Fiero, too, I certainly wouldn't hesitate. I've listed mine in the Market now, though, and I hope what it has to offer will go into a fantastic GT build for a new owner. What I'm really hoping is that a club member with a project car who can purchase her as well as show me some ins and outs of the car on days they decide to begin adapting parts to their project. I'm determined to have a better understanding of these cars and get one of my own when I'm on my own.
Beware of Nazi Bananas; you never know when Fascist fruit will attempt world domination.

GMguy1987

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 12:13:47 am »
I live in fayette county man so if you are ever out this way you are welcome to drop by. I started out not knowing a lot myself but I can promise you these cars are not hard at all to work on or hop up. The main reason I got into them was because of the bang for the buck aspect but also because they are unique and no so common anymore. I will admit the first one I ever drove was one my buddy bought when I was about 19. He saw it on the side of the road and the price was right. he had me drive it home for him since he couldn't yet drive a stick shift. I was hooked from that day forward. I just finally got a GT two years ago. The three I had before it were four cylinder notchies.