Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 87 GT Donor Car  (Read 16776 times)

Jam Clich

• View Profile
87 GT Donor Car
« on: November 12, 2009, 12:04:37 am »
Well, I have to sell her. I'd prefer to get her gone in one piece (or what's remaining of the main body), but I am open to parting out the car. It's a Gold 87 GT.

The vehicle is totaled. The front end has taken a blow on the right from hitting a large embankment, and the same accident bent the spaceframe. On the otherhand, what is inside the car is intact. Even the inside of the front has remained safe, including the right headlight and its motor and gears (the left headlight motor gear is stripped, however.)

The V6 engine and automatic transmission have 111,900 miles on them. Tires have between 70-80% tread left (could all use some air - I have an air compressor to pump them up), and the interior of the car has only ever suffered the wear of time and not heavy damage (faded in the floorboard, small driver seat tear. Interior is brown). It features the Power Windows and Power Mirrors, and a Sony radio has been installed along with new refrigerant A/C (Needs charged, might need to address a possible leak before charging). Dashboard is free of cracks.

On the outside, I'd say the only panels that haven't suffered something would be the right rear quarter panel, driver side door panel, and, thankfully, the fastback clip. All parts for the rear clip of the car are in excellent condition. Basically, it's a prime candidate for a donor, but will not itself make it back on the road. It IS operable, but with the front end panels removed, wheels disalligned, and a nearly shattered windshield, it'll need a tow.

If anyone is curious, I am no longer pursuing the purchase of a Fiero. I've decided to leave the treasures to the enthusiasts. My time in the car was more than respectable, and I've no regrets (besides hitting a wall of dirt and totaling my car at only 20 mph) in the 2500 miles I put on it. However, I am a teenager, prone to making more mistakes. A car like the Fiero is little more than a deathtrap for the inexperienced driver. I sure do wish I could have had the car long enough for RFTH this year. What you guys have here is something special. Anyway, I believe a Fiero owner interested in reconstructing a GT model will find this car especially useful.

My price is best offer. I need the car out of my garage, so taking the entire thing is preferable to pulling parts. I'll have pictures of the car when I can get them. Some of you have read my thread about my wreck, others may have not, but it gave some initial insight into the condition of the vehicle. As soon as I have a camera that can take the pictures I need they'll be here.
Beware of Nazi Bananas; you never know when Fascist fruit will attempt world domination.

RobsFieros

• View Profile
    • East Tennessee Fiero Club
Re: 87 GT Donor Car
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 06:33:16 pm »
I tried to pm you but I don't know if it worked. But I'll give you $300 for it right now.
Robert Finley
President-East Tennessee Fiero Club
Member- Georgia Fiero Club
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 10:13:38 pm »
Or if you want to learn about Fiero's, there an 86 or 87 north of me that needs an engine for $400.00. You could buy it and install your engine and have a good Fiero. And it's gold.
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:06:52 pm »
I guess this car is not for sale. I saw the ad on CL. Price it and I might buy it.
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 04:05:26 pm »
I apologize. I forgot to check the thread here. I'm waiting on other offers before I give a yes or no. I think my deadline will be when I get a new car in a few days, and best offer then takes it away. I've been told I could make 600 on it, and my highest offer was 400 from someone who lived in my county.
Beware of Nazi Bananas; you never know when Fascist fruit will attempt world domination.

RobsFieros

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 06:26:22 pm »
Your only about 3.5 hours from me. Would you take $350 for the car?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:01:51 am by RobsFieros »
Robert Finley
RobsFieros58@comcast.net

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 12:14:25 pm »
Charlie introduced me to a fellow named Ashby on Saturday. He came yesterday and we agreed on $500 for the car.

cogcaviz24

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 01:58:52 pm »
the car went to a good man.

Jam Clich

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 05:39:50 pm »
We shared words about it, and I definitely agree. :)

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 06:43:47 pm »
[quote author=Jam Clich