Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: My Misc Fiero issues  (Read 125323 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Misc Fiero issues
« Reply #435 on: February 02, 2020, 09:53:44 pm »
One of my headlights did not want to pop up today.  I tapped the knob on top, and then it worked fine, and likely will continue to work fine, until I don't use it for a few months.  Rebuilding it was not so fun that I'd like to do it again, but that would seem to be the best option.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 01, 2020, 06:56:06 pm »
For some reason, my Fiero is blowing the courtesy fuse, which kills my power locks.  Usually, I don't know the fuse is blown, until I go to lock the doors on exit.  No idea why it's blowing.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #437 on: March 01, 2020, 09:36:41 pm »
If you have a Haynes Manual, check to see what else is on the same circuit. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 01, 2020, 09:38:41 pm »
I have the Haynes, and the Vhilton, and the FSM.  There seems to be a wire that shorts out while driving.

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 02, 2020, 01:46:23 pm »
That fuse is connected to trunk lite,trunk release, outside mirron, dome light,both door locks.  Check if you have a short with a meter by disconnecting them.  A bad bulb can cause a problem

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 02, 2020, 06:58:12 pm »
Thanks.  I believe it's the trunk light.  I need to get a box of fuses.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 02, 2020, 09:25:07 pm »
If you can't find anything obvious, check the wiring that goes from the car to the trunk lid. That wiring is flexed every time you open and close the trunk. There could be damage in that area.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 02, 2020, 09:28:18 pm »
Could be, but the trunk didn't open, this time.  Not looking forward to this.

NoMad

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 03, 2020, 02:01:18 am »
I had this issue due to my trunk light grounding out. Look to see if yours has all four sides of the lens tangs that keep it on and off the metal.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 07, 2020, 05:18:38 pm »
It didn't.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 07, 2020, 05:34:04 pm »
I went to a parts store to get some fuses.  What a frustrating experience.  Since the employees at the front of the store were all standing by the door, asking what I needed help with, I told them, "smart fuses".  They directed me to aisle 2.  Well, aisle 2 did not have any fuses, but I saw fuses on an overhead sign in aisle 4, so headed there.  There were some fuses, but nothing compatible with the Fiero, and no smart fuses.  So, I grabbed a package, and walked up to the parts counter.  I told them that I didn't find any smart fuses.  He asked, "Would you like to buy those, instead?"  "No", I explained, "because they don't fit.  I'm looking for smart fuses."  He said they are at a home store.  Hmmm.  I asked if they didn't carry the smart fuses, anymore.  He said no, and again asked if I wanted to purchase the fuses in my hand.  Let me think...

At the next parts store, the employees told me that I should just buy whatever they had in stock, because all fuses are the same, and all fuses fit all vehicles.  Interesting point of view.  We looked, and they didn't have anything that would fir the Fiero.

At the next parts store, the employees didn't know what fuses were.  I couldn't help asking, "You do work here, don't you?".  They assured me that they did.  So, I asked, "This is an auto parts store, isn't it?"  They assured me that it was.  I agreed, "was" being the operative word.  They offered to google what a fuse was.  Very helpful.

At the next parts store, they had no fuses.  Just what every car owner looks for: a parts store without parts.  Maybe vehicles no longer need parts.  For sure, the people employed at these stores are not needed.

So, I went looking online.  Having never really thought about it, before, I always just got fuses that fit my application, but I have no idea what size these fuses are.  Not mini fuses.  What size am I seeking?

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 07, 2020, 06:00:11 pm »
Im not sure what you have but the bulb the goes in my trunk  87 GT looks like the trunk compartment bulk that is in the Fiero Store parts pg 96.   It doesnt have a circuit board, just a light

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 07, 2020, 06:03:32 pm »
That light is an LED.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #448 on: March 07, 2020, 08:16:02 pm »
If you hooked the loops over the two tangs that stick up with the element facing the lens you would have more light.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 07, 2020, 08:21:08 pm »
It doesn't stay in place, that way.  I was tempted to bend the ends.