Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Scholarship questions/comments  (Read 4040 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Scholarship questions/comments
« on: July 12, 2021, 09:04:44 pm »
1. Is the due date to change yearly, or is it every November 1st?
2. Many scholarships require a recommendation from a teacher, to be sure that the student has some follow-through.  I didn't see anything on that.
3. We handle a lot of STEM (since it was mentioned) stuff.  All the scholarship applications we handle here require a parent's signature.  It would seem not, since the students are usually 18, but we get a signature, anyway.
4. There were certain legal hurdles with which we had to deal.  I'm hoping those were all dealt with.
5. Due to legal ramifications, we had to have certain wording in all our scholarships, which are essentially contracts.
6. May students apply for/be awarded this scholarship more than once?
7. Usually, there is some requirement on the legitimacy of the school itself.
8. I'm not sure how the tech school schedules work, but I wonder when the money would be paid, in relation to the start of classes.
9. Would the money be presented as a club activity?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 11:41:22 pm by GTRS Fiero »

Wreck It Ralph

• Wreck it Ralph
    • View Profile
Re: Scholarship questions/comment
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 09:25:09 pm »
As this is the first time we are doing this we will have some challenges to navigate and changes will have to be made.

1. The date follows RFTH and the idea is to make a decision in December and present in January.
2.  Correct but why? Why make it harder on the student? I looked at over 100 scholarships and a hand full of them required it. But I was focusing on small scholarships.
3. We will eventually come up with an official application but I am fast tracking the information to the public. I already have it in the works.
4. See #3
5. See #3
6. The application will ask if they have applied before or been awarded before. If we get only one application and it’s their second year of school… I don’t see why we wouldn’t.
7. Well I did say accredited… not sure how much more legitimate we can make it. Plus we will know the school by the paperwork they send in and that’s part of the process. If we feel Bob’s auto school isn’t legit then we pass on the application. Not everyone gets the scholarship
8. The money is to be used to further their education. It’s payable to the student. They may need books, tools, clothes or whatever. If this was $20k… yeah, it’s going to the school but we are talking $500
9. That is the plan. Not going to put it on the books till we iron out all the details.
1988 Fiero Base 4cyl 5spd.
1986 Fiero GT ... Parting out. Let me know if you need something.