Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Automakers Say You May Not Own Your Car  (Read 14781 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Automakers Say You May Not Own Your Car
« on: April 05, 2015, 09:53:05 pm »
I saw this on Pennocks and thought it worth posting here.  Automakers say you may not have the right to do some things to your car, including repairing it.  Checking trouble codes, making your own repairs, upgrading engines or transmissions may be illegal if they have their way.  For a full explanation, read the information in the following link, then click on the red highlight in the second paragraph of that article and sign the petition objecting to the restrictions.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/04/automakers-say-you-dont-really-own-your-car
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

slowburn57

• View Profile
    • Culver Brothers Racing
Re: Automakers Say You May Not Own Your Car
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:31:22 pm »
Let me first say I am in no hurry to leave this world but things like this make me more and more happy that I am on the back side of my life instead of the other way around. Everyday I KNOW our generation grew up in the best of times. Yes there were some bad but the good far outweighs the bad. It appears there is a very dark storm on the horizon of this world we can only hope it waits a little long until it hits. I personally would rather be helping Don work on that Gods Fiero whenever it hits...lol

fiero128

• Giday from Aussie land
    • View Profile
    • http://hawkesburyhydrogen.com
Re: Automakers Say You May Not Own Your Car
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 06:01:12 am »
They are doing that here by making parts cost so much noone can afford of
Hawkesbury Hydrogen
More Km perTank
saving money
ABN 98866913657
+61412119530