Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Heads up if you get the flu, and are given Tamiflu  (Read 15120 times)

Roger

• Paid Members
  • If it’s the thought that counts, think money.
    • View Profile
Re: Heads up if you get the flu, and are given Tamiflu
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 07:58:41 am »
Prayers for Mel to have a quick recovery and better food. Hope she can spend Christmas home with family.
You can't fix stupid but, you can adjust it with a 2x4.

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 08:12:33 am »
Charlie You And Mel Are In Our Prayers.
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 08:07:01 pm »
Maybe Melanie can have a good breakfast of crisp, juicy bacon (maybe 10 strips or so); 2 eggs, sunny-side up; a stack of French toast with lots of syrup; hominy grits with sugar; a fresh grapefruit; a slice each of honey-dew melon and cantilope; some hash browns; cottage cheese with those little green things and minced onions; a tall glass of fresh milk; a juice glass with OJ; and a chocolate chip cookie.  Maybe 2 cookies, if she has been extra good.

When I get sick, I make a cup of hot herb tea, sweetened with a teaspoon of honey, with a shot of lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and a shot of hot sauce.

What am I thinking?  It's time for supper, first!  She could start off with some fried chicken drumsticks, with the skin on, and no breading.  These would need to be free-range chickens.  Then, in keeping with the season, some jelled cranberry sauce.  Golden yellow corn, celery with creamy peanut butter, and some smooth  mashed potatoes would go well with this, along with applesauce with cinnamon on top.  The drink would be a mug of hot chocolate, with extra chocolate, and some marshmallows on top.  Perhaps a few oatmeal raisin cookies on the side.

oldone

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 09:29:47 pm »
Charlie, pam and I hope Melanie starts to feel better and you two have a nice Christmas.
the world is a sh t sandwich and everyday is another little bite

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 11:18:24 pm »
Melanie is diabetic so most of that stuff is off limits.  Even if it wasn't, she'd never eat grits with sugar, even if she is a New Englander.  She loves them with butter, salt and pepper.  Sometimes even some bacon or sausage drippings.

Sorry, Pat.  I didn't mean to hijack your thread. 

Probably going to the doc tomorrow to get a TamiFlu prescription.  Been eating hospital cafeteria food so it can't make it taste any worse. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 04:46:23 pm »
I looked up TamiFlu:
Indications

Tamiflu is a prescription medicine used to treat the flu (influenza) in people 2 weeks of age and older who have had flu symptoms for no more than 2 days. Tamiflu can also reduce the chance of getting the flu in people 1 year and older.

Tamiflu does not prevent bacterial infections that may happen with the flu.

Tamiflu is not recommended for people with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) who are not receiving dialysis.

Tamiflu is not a substitute for an annual flu vaccination.

Do not take Tamiflu if you are allergic to oseltamivir phosphate or any of the ingredients in Tamiflu.

Important Safety Information

If you have an allergic reaction or a severe rash with Tamiflu, stop taking it and contact your doctor right away. This may be very serious
People with the flu, particularly children and adolescents, may be at an increased risk of seizure, confusion, or abnormal behavior early during their illness
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant, nursing, have heart problems, breathing problems, a weakened immune system (immunocompromised), kidney problems or other medical conditions as Tamiflu may not be right for you
Also tell your doctor about any medications you are taking or if you've received a nasal-spray flu vaccine in the past two weeks
The most common side effects are nausea, vomiting, headache and pain

It doesn't list anything about making food taste badly.  The good thing is that it doesn't list opioids as ingredients.