Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Got pretzeled A Frame out  (Read 15054 times)

HarryT

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Got pretzeled A Frame out
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:16:25 pm »
I got the A frame out.  After collapsing strut spring and removing bolts, removing through bolt holding in A frame ball joint and removing A Frame swivel bolts I had a hard time getting it out of the frame.  Hopefully it was hard to get out because it looked kind of like a pretzel.  It had red bushings which I assume are the poly type.  How hard is it to install the new A Frame into the frame when I get one?  The frame up to that point is straight but is really bent beyond that point.  As I am making a dune buggy out of it that is not important.  I will continue taking off all the parts in the rear until I can see what I want to keep and what I will cut off.
Harry
87  Black GT (The Little Black Car)
2009 Honda CR-V
X 2002  40' Allegro Bus X Traded
2008 Thor Four Winds Siesta 25SA
Retired Mechanic

HarryT

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
Re: Got pretzeled A Frame out
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 12:17:09 am »
I installed a good used control arm today.  There must be something else bent as  it only corrected the out of line wheel by about 2/3's.  I tried to correct it by adjusting the tie rod but the rod bottomed out in the tie rod end so I cut about 1/2 inch of threads off the end of the rod and was able to bring it into line.  As this vehicle will only be run off road alignment is not really too important.  Now I have to cut the upper frame off at the front of the trunk to clear the tire and start creating a stable rear frame.
Harry
87  Black GT (The Little Black Car)
2009 Honda CR-V
X 2002  40' Allegro Bus X Traded
2008 Thor Four Winds Siesta 25SA
Retired Mechanic

Donster

• View Profile
Re: Got pretzeled A Frame out
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 12:11:08 pm »
Anxious to see this final product when we come see you ;D

\D