Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Grandma and the bear  (Read 14396 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Grandma and the bear
« on: August 31, 2017, 08:32:36 pm »
My parents are out camping in some remote areas.  Today, my kids received their weekly letter from my mother.  Among other items, the letter detailed a humorous story.  Apparently, my parents had planned to camp at a particular campground.  Around the campground there are lots of berries.  Things were going well, until my mother discovered one or more complacent bears having lunch.  My parents retreated to a different park, with a different campground and no berries.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Grandma and the bear
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 09:01:33 pm »
Good move on their behalf.  Five or 6 years ago, there was a family camping in Tennessee, near the 96 Olympic White Water Venue.  A bear got into their tent at night and killed the mother and son.
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 09:08:11 pm »
She didn't take a picture.  Apparently, she went and hid in the car, then called my dad.  He had to decamp, including hitching up the camper.

This is the season to see bears.  A similar thing happened some years ago.  I don't remember if it was Yellowstone, or Yosemite.  This time, it was somewhere around Glacier Park.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 09:23:47 pm »
 Yogi and Boo Boo don't exist.  they are mean and nasty and to them Humans are Fair Game.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 09:27:09 pm »
I mounted my bear.  Actually, no, that isn't true.  My bear was confiscated.  I bought someone else's bear.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 05:15:37 am »

that's Still Better than Being Mounted By A Bear.    there is a farm here that the owner Has A Lion, ATiger, And A Bear that Are Very Frendly And the Three Live Togeather.    I will Stop Short of Saying they Are Domesticated, Maybe Well Fed.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 07:43:11 am »
A friend of mine had 2 bear cubs as pets.  It was fun to watch them run and play.  Not only did the cubs eat a lot, but they also grew a LOT.  The cubs were never tied.  They came when called, and obeyed simple commands.  I lost touch with the guy after my kids refused to go there, some years ago.

Growing up, a lady up the road had a wolf.  He was far from domesticated, and was usually caged.