Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Had To Bug Out on the Fan Car Tech Session  (Read 14288 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Had To Bug Out on the Fan Car Tech Session
« on: June 09, 2018, 06:58:33 pm »
I have a wheelchair/cargo carrier, a regular wheel chair, and the power wheelchair and power lift up for sale on fb marketplace. 

A prospective buyer from Alabama called me this morning and wanted one of the wheelchair carriers.  They left somewhere in NE Alabama, up around the Ft. Payne, Sand Hill area at 9AM, expecting to be here by 11:30.  At 12:10, they called and said they were at Northside and I-75.  Because I had to leave for the meeting, I had already loaded up the power chair onto the power lift.  So, I told them to just meet me at The Galaxy Diner and I'd meet them there and buy their lunch. 

My ads stated that the cargo carrier required a 2 inch receiver and the power lift required a 1 1/4 inch receiver.  When we finished eating, we went outside to do business.  He asked me how was I going to get my power chair back home.  Told him they sold only as a pair.  Then I realized that his Durango had a 2 inch receiver and my power lift was the 1 1/4 inch receiver. 

We finally got that sorted out.  He was wanting the other carrier that was still at my house.  I then offered to reimburse him for his lunch.  $40.  What?  At The Galaxy?  Most of us eat a good meal for about $10.  But I wrote him a check and went back to talk to Maria to see if there was some kind of mistake, while the buyers waited on me.  They were to follow me home to see the other carrier.

Maria told me that the husband and wife each ordered a double order of biscuit and gravy with country ham, two coffees, two drinks, and two glasses of orange juice.  And they bought a Tshirt for $14. 

So, when we got to my house, they decided to take the carrier and we hitched it up.  He then asked how much I wanted for it.  I told him I would have negotiated down $25 or $30 dollars, but after paying $40 for his lunch, the price was firm.  He gave me the cash and left happily. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: Had To Bug Out on the Fan Car Tech Session
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 07:05:11 pm »
Well, just so everyone is happy.  I wouldn't have included the shirt as part of my lunch.  A coffee, a drink, and an OJ, each?  Well, they'll have to make a rest stop soon.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:38:34 pm »
I didn't know what they'd ordered and bought until after I'd given him the check.  If they had to make a pith stop, it wasn't at my house.  I didn't offer. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 09:51:15 pm »
Not your fault.  My comment was aimed at them.  A shirt is not part of lunch.  It's called taking advantage.  You were honorable.

Pith?  Haven't heard that for a bit.  It always makes me wonder why people wear pith helmets.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 10:13:33 pm »
Dad wore one while he worked in the fields and around the farm.  Later, as I got big enough to drive the tractor and do chores on my own, I wore it.  Provides a lot of shade for the head and heck and the headband keeps the hat away from the head for air circulation.  Pretty lightweight, made of something like hard pressed paper fiber.  Mom usually wore a big bonnet. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 10:49:30 pm »
We got straw hats.  I put wet grass in mine to keep cool.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 03:38:06 pm »
I'm glad they decided to buy, after all of the hoo-hah.

You didn't miss anything at the "tech session". There was no battery in the car, so we couldn't run it.
Aside from that, it was oppressively hot.
But I did get some info off of the ECM, and took some pictures.
Several people have looked at the pics, and told me what they saw. (A lot of mods. Definitely not a stock 3800.)
One of the 3800 gurus said that  if the engine is built like he thinks it is, it ought to be good for ~350 HP. :D

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 03:50:34 pm »
One of the 3800 gurus said that  if the engine is built like he thinks it is, it ought to be good for ~350 HP. :D

Only if it runs.

ron768

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 08:49:27 pm »
Have a friend with a Park Avenue Ultra(3800 SC series 2). He put an underdrive pully on it and it made 300 hp on a dyno.
1985 2M6 SE, 1986 GT x 2.