Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: People named like Fiero  (Read 14395 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
People named like Fiero
« on: June 10, 2018, 09:07:16 am »
I bought my first Fiero from a guy whose last name was Fierro.  Today, I encountered a woman whose last name was also Fierro.  These 2 people are not related, and live more than 1,000 miles from each other.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: People named like Fiero
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 09:23:06 am »

The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:28 am »
Must be an interesting place.  "Fiero" in Spanish means wild.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 02:23:56 pm »
It's in Huntsville, AL, near the Redstone Arsenal Army base. It's not your usual Army base -- most of the people there are scientists or engineers. But maybe they're wild.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 03:04:28 pm »
Off-topic, but it makes me think of diversity.  When I'm in other countries, I'm the odd one, but I fit in better here.  I mean, right here.  It isn't that we aren't diverse.  There are people in my neighborhood of many ethnicities and nationalities.  Any ethnicities missing here are present at my work.

Every now and then, someone moves in, but does things a bit differently.  There was someone who moved into one of those 70's-style houses that is basically all windows facing the street.  They boarded up the windows, and their house was broken into.  The thieves thought the house was vacant.  These same people literally laid their clothes out to dry on the shrubs in front of their house.  One night during the Winter, I was awakened by another family knocking on my door.  They'd never heard of a doorbell.  Anyway, it was cold, and they had not paid for gas to heat their house, nor had they fixed a big hole in an externall wall.

In some houses, 30 people live there, although the occupancy limit is 5.  Not a bed to be found; they sleep on rugs on the floor, all lined up like bodies in a morgue.

There is a reason that foods are different in different countries.  Heavy foods, for example, should not be consumed while it's hot.  Some people must learn the hard way.

Earlier today, I saw a neighbor taking their bath in their back yard.  I have to wonder if this will continue through the Winter.

Bread and meat cannot be left sitting out for days.  When I'm at these people's homes, I avoid eating anything I didn't bring.

I'm used to washing dishes with hot water and soap--not with dirt, but other cultures have practices that differ from mine.

In one nearby house, they have a toilet, which is a room with 2 buckets.  No plumbing.  No TP.

I got to thinking of this, because the natives by one Army base would all dump their toilets out every morning.  Nothing we said or did could end this practice of saving up a pail of extretement all day, and dumping it on a pile in the morning.  Burning it is not effective.  We left the natives there, and moved camp about 2 miles away.

More on-topic, there is a Fiero beer in Texas.