Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: "Slammed" fastback tail light lenses.  (Read 15491 times)

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
"Slammed" fastback tail light lenses.
« on: April 28, 2016, 09:37:48 pm »
Many of you have been following the drama on Pennock's, regarding the GT tail light covers.
I am happy to report that mine were on my porch when I got home from work, today.

They  seem to be very nice pieces. If the vendor can keep shipping them in a timely manner, they will likely be the most economical solution to the "fastback taillight" conundrum.

I took a couple of pics when I removed them from the packing. The quality is quite good. They are not as smooth as stock lenses, but they are vacuum formed over a mold. I don't see how they could get much better, given the circumstances. The lettering is "spot on" and very crisp. Better than the lenses that the Fiero Store was most recently selling.
(Images are linked from Pennock's. If the links break, I'll repost, here, and edit.)

I have a marginal set of lenses that will be the "victims" for these replacement lenses.
One is delaminated. The other has a hole/crack that makes it pretty ugly to look at.

I will post pics of the progress here, as I get time.
(Since these things were such a PITA to get, for reasons that I won't go into here, I don't feel compelled to share this info in the original Pennocks thread. I may, however, post a link to this thread at some point.)
Progress may be slow. This is not a huge priority for me to finish. The lights on my car are at least serviceable.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:42:49 pm by Raydar »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: "Slammed" fastback tail light lenses.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 08:03:27 am »
Progress may be slow. This is not a huge priority for me to finish. The lights on my car are at least serviceable.

Very slow.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 08:43:04 am »
Scuse me?

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:08:11 pm »
Not that these are available anymore, but there were no updates, that I recall.  You said progress would be slow.  Considering the time that passed without updates, I'd say progress was slow.  I was curious about how this turned out.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 09:59:05 pm »
Still have done nothing. Life happens.

With that said, there's another person who is gearing up to do more exact repros of the originals (as opposed to "overlays")
He goes by kgoodyear on Pennocks. Couple of threads.

The overlays are fairly well documented, for what they are. Everyone who actually got them seems happy.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 10:03:15 pm »
I've seen kgoodyear's threads.

I am curious how these hold up over time.  It's too bad this project went awry.