Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Documenting your car  (Read 14071 times)

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Documenting your car
« on: December 19, 2017, 08:38:27 pm »
I know a lot of you have non-stock Fieros.  How did you document the changes you made?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Documenting your car
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 11:33:19 pm »
I had a Haynes Manual for each car.  I wrote it into the manual and passed it on with the car.

The only thing I've really documented online is the sway bar and the oil pressure sensor upgrade on the 86SE. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 07:16:25 am »
I'm working on a document that has all the changes, including date and source.  Where possible, I'm trying to include part numbers.  In some cases, I have diagrams, but often pictures.  I hope to organize this after the layout of the factory manual.

There will probably be 3 different documents: one for restoration, one for upgrades, and one for servicing.  So far, there are about 250 pages of documentation.  Eventually, the boxes of receipts will be placed in a binder.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 10:36:59 am »
Everything I have done to my yellow car is on this forum in various places, or on the main site (example here).
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 06:44:42 pm »
Well, I have a few changes documented here, as well, but haven't been here as long as I've been making changes.  Sometimes, it's nice to be able to get my hands on something and hold it in my hands.  Looking through 260 pages on here wouldn't be very fun.

I have a digital worklog, but I want to up that.  I'm creating an indexed document with images, diagrams, and text.  I'm still working on the format, layout, and organization.

This will probably become separate documents, basically supplementals to the owner's manual, the service manual, and the Helms manual.  In addition, I'll probably update the build sheet and the product book.