Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: Oct. Club Meeting Sat.13th.  (Read 25989 times)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: Oct. Club Meeting Sat.13th.
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 09:50:47 am »
Dons:

As much as I want to go to the Thornton Chevy car show and visit Streetside Classics, I will show up wherever the official GFC mtg is.

For the Car Show location, right now, I see:

AeroDon + 1
The Don + 1?
FGTB
85GT (Strong maybe)

6 people, tops:  Would that even include enough club officers to constitute a quorum?

FGTB

CowsPatoot will be there from North Carolina.  I will be there.  When I talked with Raydar the other night, he said he would likely be there.  Ronzrx will be there from Huntsville.  Redraif is suppose to attend the meeting to pick up her steering wheel, so I'd expect she and TinkerBell will be there. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fiero GTB

• I don't drive much, but when I do I drive my Fiero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 01:06:46 pm »
AeroDon + 1
The Donster + 1?
FGTB
85GT (Strong maybe)
Cowspatoot
FieroFool
Raydar
Ronzrx
Redraif +TB?

Okay, maybe 12 total; NOW, I'm feelin' the Love!

Sorry, I was counting just those who had responded on the forum.

I will now roll up my big, nosy nose and put it away.  ;- )

See ya Saturday at the Car Show (AeriDonamic, I will still plan on being there early with some orange cones.

FGTB
Every time my GPS says, "Your ETA is...,"
   I hear, "Your Time to Beat is..."

redraif

• View Profile
    • Indy SE #770 "Stormtrooper Edition"
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012, 10:12:29 am »
Yep Patty and I will be there for the meeting.  Not really up for the show though.  Too wiped out for showing the stang and the Fiero is not worthy yet.  heck 2 weekends ago my little guy dumped his mid pipe in the middle of the road.  So hopefully I will have it back on for the meeting.  Otherwise you guys will hear me coming a few miles away with an open exhaust... lol...

Oh and I'm Definitely going to be talking to the parts department about emblems. :)  that discussion is up on Peacocks and the corvette forum. 

So is noon the official meet at the restaurant time?  Patty is asking for me to dial in a time please!

Thanks!
1984 Modified Indy Fiero SE #770 "StormTrooper Edition"

Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45, 18x8, 39 offset , 84 WS6 springs -1.5 coils
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012, 01:02:50 pm »
Galaxy Diner has been notified.

\D
Life is good!

CowsPatoot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012, 11:57:13 pm »
I will be there, but not in a Fiero...I will be in Sharon's Focus.  I plan to show up at the car show around 11am...and can then help shuttle people over to lunch and the meeting if needed.  After lunch, I will return to the show with the group.  I plan to bring bumpers for Anne, and pick up exhaust from Raydar.

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 08:43:35 am »
So is the meeting at noon or 1?

So I guess patty and I will plan to be at the ddealership at 11:30 so I can talk to the parts department about emblems... then we will meet up for the meeting.  And expect loud and embarrassing.... not sure I can get my boy patched up before tomorrow :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:41:23 pm by redraif »

Drag DR-34s
Rear: 265/35, 18x8.5, 45 offset,  Coil-overs:  10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 02:05:36 pm »
So is the meeting at noon or 1?

So I guess patty and I will plan to be at the ddealership at 11:30 so I can talk to the parts department about emblems... then we will meet up for the meeting.  And expect loud and embarrassing.... not sure I can get my boy patched up before tomorrow :)

Expect Loud & Embarrassing from me, too...  but my car should be fine.  ;- )

FGTB

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 03:00:46 pm »
Lol...Tim... :)  always can make me smile.  Omg we so have to have u by sometime to meet our Maine coons.  Turns out
we have 2... one of our other rescues has snow shoe feet. I always joke about how she can't get traction... snow shoe feet!

Drag DR-34s

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 05:56:01 pm »
For anyone on the Northeast side who plans to go to the show/meeting.  Take the advice of the Fox 5 Traffic Reporter:

DON'T GO THERE!  Paving projects happening all weekend.  Mostly on the north side of the I-285 loop.

Georgia 400 near Sydney Marcus, both north and south

I-285 W between Roswell Road and Ashford-Dunwoody Road.
I-285 E between Cobb Parkway and Riverside Drive.
Some of this will also involve closing of ramps, so once you're in it, you can't exit.

I-85 near  Boggs Road, Sugarloaf Parkway and Duluth Highway aka Highway 120.

It would be best to travel I-85 South to downtown and take I-20 West. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 07:28:00 pm »
Was great to see and hang out with everyone today!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 08:29:23 pm »
Yes, a wonderful day and lots of drooling gearheads walking around.  Old timers would really appreciate some of the cars there.  Best Of Show went to a 59 Chevy convertible 4-speed with a 348 Cubic Inch V8.  There was even a car with a 409 in it. 

Aerodonamic, congratulations on the Top 15 award on your 86SE, and it was good to have Sam Memmolo come over to talk with us on several occasions.  Seems Raydar and Fiero GTB have made a good friend of him. 

Thanks CowsPatoot for coming down from NC and good to see Redraif and TinkerBell again.  85GT, we missed you.  Where you be at? 

aerodonamic

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2012, 01:08:03 pm »
Many thanks to all that came out Sat. I had a good time just hanging out with you guys and gals . The funny thing is I told the owner of that 59Impala if Iwere a judge I would pick it best of show!!! Winning a plaque for top 15 was totaly unexpected as this was the first time I had shone the the car in two years. Thanks again for a great day.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2012, 02:36:23 pm »
I got sidetracked when I posted yesterday, and didn't tell Don congrats.  :-[

Congratulations Don!
Your car looks great! I like the aero notchie with the monochrome paint. The dark green is gorgeous!
It also doesn't hurt that you keep the most spotless car of anyone I know.

I didn't realize that the 59 won best of show. Perfect!

redraif

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »
It was great to see everyone again.  I had missed u all so much.  Felt great to have all the great conversation to take my mind off our chaos of late! :)

Drag DR-34s

Fiero GTB

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2012, 08:11:36 pm »
Just got my 'old' computer back up, hopefully long enough to post a couple of messages here!

My new PC is still sitting in a box here, waiting for a couple of nerd-buddies of mine to come set it up next Saturday!  Yeaaaa!

Gotta give King-Size Kudos to AeroDonamic for:

1) the idea to meet up at this show, just for a change of pace!  The weather was cool, and so were all the cars!

For those of you who didn't stick around, you missed them firing up and driving the USMC tank across the lot to the back where it was loaded back onto it's hauler!  The SOUND of that thing was incredible!  And, all along, I thought it was just an old rusted-out tank sitting there as a static display!

2) his Top 15 award!  He certainly has put enough work into his SE that he's EARNED every bit of that award!

Sam Memmolo is a very down-to-earth, very approachable guy! He does more volunteer work than you can imagine, particularly for the Douglas County Humane Society (DGHS) where is wife is the director. They help save and place countless dogs, cats, you-name-its, which otherwise would have to be put down for no other reason than no one could take them into their homes.

PLUGS:

Every time you buy a raffle ticket from Sam (for an Easy-Run engine stand or 5.0L 350HP Ford crate engine), you're helping raise money for the DGHS to save more loving pets.

The DGHS recenctly was classified as a no-kill shelter, too!  One of the few in the state!

Here's an unashamed plug for Sam, too, so check out his site and radio show:  http://samsgarage.com/

If you don't already know my connection to Sam through my Mera, ask me at the next meeting!

Anyway, AeroDon, and to everyone who could show up, thanks for coming out!  Hope you all had as much fun as I did (especially piloting the drunk-driving course set up in the back lot by the Douglas County Sheriff's office...  I even got deputized with a Junior Sheriff's badge! 

F -Geeeeee that was fun-TB