Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 1985 Pontiac Fiero - $500 (Watkinsville)  (Read 15432 times)

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
1985 Pontiac Fiero - $500 (Watkinsville)
« on: May 06, 2017, 08:52:12 pm »
Not Nine, but I like the price...

I have my 1985 Fiero for sale. I love this car but I do not have the time to fix it. It is a 4 cylinder 5 speed car with 111k miles. It has 16 inch wheels with new bfg g-force tires. The wheels and tires are worth the asking price. The car is smoking. It has a lot of blow-by coming from the dipstick and breather. I would rebuild it myself but I am remodelling my house and do not have the time. The car will be sold with a bill of sale as that is how I bought it. I have been driving it daily up to the smoking. Drivers seat is torn and passenger door has the lower corner missing. The car does start and drive. You could drive it home if not too far. It will grind a bit in 3rd and 4th if the rpms aren't just right. Synchronizer? I would not recommend using as a daily until the oil situation is fixed. The idle is electronically controlled and the blow by flakes out the sensors at times. I think it is a fixable car for someone who does the work themselves. Text or call between 9am and 9pm. I do not need help selling my car. I will not accept your check or ship the car. I am open to trades, all I can say is no.

https://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/6118383964.html
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: 1985 Pontiac Fiero - $500 (Watkinsville)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 09:04:52 pm »
112K miles.  $500 with engine problems, and no title.

Well, if he posted pics of the underbody, engine, and front compartment, it would probably help sell it.

Driver's seat hinge cover missing.

The wing has been changed.  I'm not sure what's up with the passenger fender, right by the beltline.

I didn't know that the 4-cylinder came with a 5-speed.

I wonder about the condition of the paint.

pgackerman

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 09:14:11 pm »

I agree with everything you said GTRS Fiero, but those tires/rims make the car worth looking at.
Red '88 GT 5-Speed, 7730ECM, 1.6 Rockers, and KEYLESS Entry! 
Now with a trailer hitch for my bike rack.
Southland Jubilee 2019 Best in Class

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 09:32:13 pm »
BFGs?  Not a fan, except for the BFG in Doom.

I'm sure wheels cost probably $200 each.  Maybe for one of the rescue Fieros?

I'd hate to see another Fiero parted out and junked.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 07:51:17 am by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 10:58:11 pm »
An '85 vehicle doesn't require a title in Georgia.  Actually no Fiero does, due to age. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

f85gtron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 07:29:47 am »
I wonder if that huge wing in the back creates enough down force to keep the rear from swapping places with the front? Lol.
I didn't realize all the trunks had power humps, i thought only the v6 cars did?
85 GT manual NOW powered by 7730
3.4 bored to 3.5, cammed out and DIS'd
F23 connecting power to ground
My wife won't ride in it. It's "the other woman" ;)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 07:36:21 am »
Beginning in 85, all decklids had the hump. 

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 07:48:15 am »
Some one find out what he Means By Trade, I have a building Full Of stuff I need to get rid of that Isn't associated with My Vette OR Fiero Projects and also would need to Stash It or Part it out At Perhaps "The Barn" as the City Is On Me Already. So If the CLUB wants It for a Parts Car I'll Help.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 08:45:36 am by GTXVette »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 07:53:48 am »
An '85 vehicle doesn't require a title in Georgia.  Actually no Fiero does, due to age.
Different here.  From the web site:
You should never buy a vehicle if the owner can't produce a valid title. A title is proof that the seller is the legal owner of the vehicle. When you buy a vehicle without a title, there is no way to tell that the vehicle is not stolen property. In addition, the state of Missouri will not consider the sale valid without a properly assigned title―meaning you won't be able to transfer the title to your name and register the car.

If the seller has lost or damaged the original title, he or she will need to apply for a duplicate before selling the vehicle. Do not give the seller any payment for the vehicle until he or she can provide a valid title.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 08:21:48 am »
Pics, for future reference:

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 08:41:03 am »
Georgia has a statute of limitations on the need for a title.  I think it's 25 years.  Georgia can track a VIN all the way back to the dealership at original sale.  In my case, they went all the way back to Kenosha, Wi. when I bought an 85 from a junk yard and they would only give me a bill of sale marked "parts only".  I had DMV run  a check on it that showed it to be clean with no taxes owed or stolen reports.  They allowed me to apply for a new title with my bill of sale and that report.  I didn' t need the title, but I wanted it for history and in case it was sold to someone out of state.

I eventually got the original title, too.  That story is documented elsewhere.  I sold the car to Donster and he sold it to whiteandnerdy27 in NC.

The wing on that car looks like an Eclipse wing and the logo on the wheels looks like Subaru.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 08:57:40 am »
That was my thought on the wing, also, but in my head, the eclipse wing had more curve than corners.  The lines don't seem to fit with the Fiero.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 09:12:23 am »
They had several variations to include that awful high-bot that looked like it would be top heavy.  They also had a wing that sat almost flush and looked great on the fastback.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 10:44:06 am »
He said he would accept guns, tools, tool box, 4-wheeler, dirt bike, motorcycle, nice mountain bike or anything of similar value.

Drewbdo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 10:38:08 am »
Georgia has a statute of limitations on the need for a title.  I think it's 25 years.  Georgia can track a VIN all the way back to the dealership at original sale.  In my case, they went all the way back to Kenosha, Wi. when I bought an 85 from a junk yard and they would only give me a bill of sale marked "parts only".  I had DMV run  a check on it that showed it to be clean with no taxes owed or stolen reports.  They allowed me to apply for a new title with my bill of sale and that report.  I didn' t need the title, but I wanted it for history and in case it was sold to someone out of state.

I eventually got the original title, too.  That story is documented elsewhere.  I sold the car to Donster and he sold it to whiteandnerdy27 in NC.

The wing on that car looks like an Eclipse wing and the logo on the wheels looks like Subaru.

Before buying PYT (late 2016), I was looking at a Corson installed on a 1987 Fiero, which didn't have a title. It was a California car, where after 20 years, they didn't need a title to buy/sell/trade, and he'd lost the title in one of his moves.

I called the local Georgia tag office (Bartow county), and she stated per GA Code, you must have a title if the car is less than 30 years old. She ran the VIN and stated that it was clear (not stolen), but that either the owner would need to apply to the California DMV for a replacement title, I'd have to buy a bonded title, or I'd have to wait until 2018 (30 years plus 1 day) before registering it here in Georgia.

One of the Corson owners on Mad Mechanics also lived in a 20 year state (after 20 years, like California, his state only required a bill of sale). He offered to "buy" the car for the cost of a local title, then "sell" the new title to me, so I could take it and get a new Georgia title. Apparently, there is a company that does the same thing for about $1000, and is one of the ways people can get titles for those old "barn / field finds" when the owner died years ago, and the grandkids don't have the paperwork.

Anyway, in my case, the owner decided to just list the Corson locally in California, as apparently that was easier than going to the Cali DMV.