Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: For Members Only  (Read 15658 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
For Members Only
« on: March 18, 2019, 03:00:57 pm »
I have added something to the Members Only section of this forum. If you are a paid member, and can't see the Members Only section, please PM me.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTXVette

• View Profile
Re: For Members Only
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 03:35:31 pm »
   OH well!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 05:57:41 pm »
Don't trip over it.  The world won't end.

The sad part is that a notice had to be placed in the public section, to get people to log in to look at the members' section.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:45:11 am by GTRS Fiero »

Slyp

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 06:05:40 pm »
I dont see it, all I have under "Members Only" is  "Club Business" and  "Tool Shed"  Unless I'm in the wrong place..... De Shoe

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 06:06:31 pm »
There is a new thread in club business.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 08:19:10 am »
   BUT,  MEMBER'S ONLY,   L O L

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 08:22:36 am »
Membership has its benefits.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 03:41:40 pm »
For those of you who haven't looked at the Members Only section today, I have another goodie there.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 03:51:51 pm »
Just a thought, but maybe sticky both items.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 06:52:45 pm »
  I just Left a BBQ restrant and My simi DIL is the Mgr. and she said they would be Happy to Have the Fiero club hold there monthly there, And If Just Once it could on a 3rd Saturday, Larry's in the Morning coffee and donuts, two brothers BBQ for lunch and Meeting then Riverstone Cruise in  for the Afternoon, A Full day Happy Happy .
   I'll Rejoin if Mikie  can Make it Happen, 

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 09:36:40 am »

wow just Reread that Post, It Wasn't ment to seem Threatning, I know ya'll could care Less
       If you don't care about getting new Members, you won't care about losing one.
         This IS Ment to Sound Harsh,
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 09:45:00 am by GTXVette »

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 10:05:50 am »
Years ago, I belonged to a Fiero club that was local.  My Fiero had a 4.9 swap.  When one of the members found out, he yelled at me in front of the club.  This included name-calling, and other un-called-for remarks. Several long-time members never came back.  Some time later, we had some people join who wanted the club to do things their way.  That member who had yelled at me initially welcomed the new members, but then overheard them discussing Corvette brake upgrades with me, and we were all removed from the club.  Eventually, the club was down to just that one person.  All the other people got completely out of Fieros.  Several of us changed our phone numbers, because that member used to call and yell at us.

I think there were 8 active members, originally.  Apparently, there were 2 other local Fiero clubs.  None of us were aware of the other clubs, until after all three clubs were gone.  I was unable to determine what happened to the other clubs.  I was actually kicked out, as in, told never to return, and the yelling member egged my Fiero.  Personally, I was a bit turned off.  No one stood by me.  Consequently, no one was there to stand by them when they were kicked out.

At GFC, everyone is welcome.  Everyone makes their own choice.  I chose to do what I could to build the club.  Yes, I can be abrasive, but that is not my intent.  I choose to do what makes me happy.

The club does reach out to members, both new and old.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:48:02 am by GTRS Fiero »

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 02:15:36 pm »

wow just Reread that Post, It Wasn't ment to seem Threatning, I know ya'll could care Less
       If you don't care about getting new Members, you won't care about losing one.
         This IS Ment to Sound Harsh,

John, I understand your frustration.  But you are wrong in some of your assumptions.  You know it's difficult to even get our members to participate in club events or come to meetings.  Many of those out there only make contacct with us when they want something.  Get the part, help, or advise they need and we never hear from them until the next time they have a need.  Not even a thank you or reply that the solution offered was the right one for their issue.  Last year the Don Hulse Memorial Cruise had to be canceled because no one was planning to participate.  This year, it's looking like maybe? 3 cars. 

I promise you, that at least I will attend a future Coffee and Donut and a Riverstone event.  And at one of those events, I will have a car that will speak well of Georgia Fieros. 

I will also continue to endeavor to get over to help you with your Grassroots Fiero.  It's impossible through the week and even weekend spare time is limited, depending upon the work schedules of my daughter and son-in-law.  Tegan prefers to spend time with me than with anyone else. 

And Yes, we definitely do care about losing anyone.  You have contributed more to this club and gotten less while therre are many who have gotten much and contributed nothing. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

PK

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 03:18:39 pm »
From a post on PFF about wanting to join a club,  these chaps were the only ones to bother posting a reply and with a very warm welcome. 

The odds of me ever meeting them is slight but despite that all I have received is friendly discussion and some great advice, particularly about hamsters and crank mice.

Just my experiences here.

GTXVette

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 03:56:09 pm »
when I Joined I said to topnotch 'I don't do Clubs '
   I Want Too Much From Other People
     I want Them to be willing To Do What I am Willing to do.
 My Analogy of Life is , Pain Doesn't Go Away    You Just Get Used To to It    I Know I am Thin Skinned , Ive Been told Before.